“Good Choice for Backpacker Traveler”
Review of M Hotels

M Hotels
Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went to Kuching with bunch of buddy for a friend's wedding, and we try to locate nearest hotel with the wedding dinner place. The top of choice is at this hotel, 360 Urban Resort. With free wifi access at lobby and room, it makes all budget traveler with gadgets in convenient position. Helpful staff try to fulfill all our requirement, and yes we granted our wish. As for 3 star hotel, yes the food of breakfast is limited choice, but dun expect much on hotel breakfast, as still can find some nice food around Kuching town. The bed was okay, and just the bathroom a little bit small. Generally everything is satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for M Hotels

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Went to Kuching with a group of old classmates for a close friend's wedding.. After the wedding we decided to head in to Bako National Park all hung over to feel closer to nature... I must say after spending the night in at Bako, stepping in to 360 Urban felt like a godsend for all of us after feeling weary from the relentless mosquitoes...

We decided to delay lunch just to rest and roll in the supremely comfortable beds that we had in the Premier Twin rooms and bask in the comfort and glory of the room's modern digitally controlled air conditioned system and view the city scenery from the windows. I must say the rooms were so damned comfortable that we almost forgot to explore Kuching town as planned.

Two minor setbacks tho, one was that the sliding door for the toilet cant be locked, so if you have cheeky friends, thats something to think about and secondly is one of the rooms we stayed in (716) had a few young cockroaches but were swiftly dealt with using a sandal.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I checked into the hotel at 9am after a flight from Brisbane Australia, my room was ready and staff extremely competent and helpful.
Tours booked with their advice
Corner suite 9th floor, very quiet bed comfortable.
Breakfast is mainly Asian choice, catering fro the their major clients I guess.
Shuttle to CBD easy as the hotel is a little way out of town, but only RM 20 in a taxi.

Room Tip: I have a corner suite nice view and quiet 9th floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RJ S
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

The room cost me RM98 pernight. So for 2 nights stay it was RM196. It was a short stay with a friend as we wanted some cheap escape away fron home to finish our assignment. The room was nice, soft bed, free wifi & cable internet, free toileteries. The price is cheap but the provide us with everything. Car park is very convinience. Will stay here again in the future. Oh ya.. Make sure you travel with transportation to stay here ok. No cheap public transport other than taxi overhere.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I might be just one of few people who just had a bad day. I arrive in Kuching quite late at 9pm and they almost forget to send the airport shuttle to the airport. I make a call, they appologize and within 15minutes a 12 seater van arrive just to pick me up at the airport and I dont even have to pay the fees.
Check in went smooth. However, the room they promised is not what i booked. I booked a deluxe room and requested a high floor with a view. And the room i get is superior with no window and no wifi signal. And i pay extra 50myr for the window itself. The next day i went to the reception and ask for a refund. The hesitate and i have to speak to the manager myself. She reduce the price for the following day and ask me to change to a new room.
The problem continues as i check in to my new room. The manager promised me a room at 15th floor with a view as my mom is staying with me and its her first time in Kuching. And what i get is a room at 5th floor. You dont just make promises and then forget about it.
Breakfast spread is fine for me.
However, the hotel itself is nice. Good amenities & facilities. As I said. It might just not be my luck.
Distance from the hotel to citycenter is quite a problem. And taxi is not metered and its double the rate.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hassy12
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Often the hotel is a place to rest, have fun, business etc.

So it is totally up to individual what they really like to do while staying at a hotel. Because staying at 360 Degree Urban Resort, it is not like a resort staying of which many activities are arranged for you.

This place, you need to plan, think about what you want to do. If you are here for business and work, like me, then depending how much time you have.

After a full day work, I went back to hotel to sleep, woke up at 9pm, and I went for a run. The hotel surrounding, mainly from the back. It is a nice river, which really well lit, and I ran along the river, until China Town, then headed back. The whole run could have been finished in like 30mins or less. However, I took longer, about an hour. To admire the night scenery of China Town, looking at eating outlets that are quiet and some are packed with patrons. Checked out the night view of the Cat city statues etc. Take pictures - Instagram, Facebook etc.

In the morning, instead of having the hotel breakfast, opted for morning walk to China Town for a bowl of Kolo Mee, which is a famous local dish.

So, the hotel pretty much has nothing going on, so be creative, or else life is bored.

Cheerio.

Room Tip: For less than RM100, opt for room with windows, you will not regret.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SamuelTan
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed there for a short work trip. For that price, I did not expect much but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was nice and quite large. It was complete with everything practical like a minibar, hairdryer, and most importantly of all... internet connection!!!
Service at the reception was fairly fast, efficient and pleasant. Even their email replies for my reservation was rather fast.
I would most definitely stay here again on my next trip to Kuching.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business