“Not bad not so good”

Ranked #32 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Kuching, Malaysia
“Not bad not so good”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Well , this hotel is not a walking distance to town for sure . Unless you really love walking for i don't know 30 mins? Haha the room was okay. Our room had this other smaller space where there's table and chair kinda like a tiny living room hahaha that was cool hehehe means that we had two big mirrors woohoo the bathroom was a bit small i think . The bed was okay . All were okay haha

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loretta W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I checked into the hotel at 9am after a flight from Brisbane Australia, my room was ready and staff extremely competent and helpful.
Tours booked with their advice
Corner suite 9th floor, very quiet bed comfortable.
Breakfast is mainly Asian choice, catering fro the their major clients I guess.
Shuttle to CBD easy as the hotel is a little way out of town, but only RM 20 in a taxi.

Room Tip: I have a corner suite nice view and quiet 9th floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank RJ S
Kuching, Sarawak
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

The room cost me RM98 pernight. So for 2 nights stay it was RM196. It was a short stay with a friend as we wanted some cheap escape away fron home to finish our assignment. The room was nice, soft bed, free wifi & cable internet, free toileteries. The price is cheap but the provide us with everything. Car park is very convinience. Will stay here again in the future. Oh ya.. Make sure you travel with transportation to stay here ok. No cheap public transport other than taxi overhere.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I might be just one of few people who just had a bad day. I arrive in Kuching quite late at 9pm and they almost forget to send the airport shuttle to the airport. I make a call, they appologize and within 15minutes a 12 seater van arrive just to pick me up at the airport and I dont even have to pay the fees.
Check in went smooth. However, the room they promised is not what i booked. I booked a deluxe room and requested a high floor with a view. And the room i get is superior with no window and no wifi signal. And i pay extra 50myr for the window itself. The next day i went to the reception and ask for a refund. The hesitate and i have to speak to the manager myself. She reduce the price for the following day and ask me to change to a new room.
The problem continues as i check in to my new room. The manager promised me a room at 15th floor with a view as my mom is staying with me and its her first time in Kuching. And what i get is a room at 5th floor. You dont just make promises and then forget about it.
Breakfast spread is fine for me.
However, the hotel itself is nice. Good amenities & facilities. As I said. It might just not be my luck.
Distance from the hotel to citycenter is quite a problem. And taxi is not metered and its double the rate.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank hassy12
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Often the hotel is a place to rest, have fun, business etc.

So it is totally up to individual what they really like to do while staying at a hotel. Because staying at 360 Degree Urban Resort, it is not like a resort staying of which many activities are arranged for you.

This place, you need to plan, think about what you want to do. If you are here for business and work, like me, then depending how much time you have.

After a full day work, I went back to hotel to sleep, woke up at 9pm, and I went for a run. The hotel surrounding, mainly from the back. It is a nice river, which really well lit, and I ran along the river, until China Town, then headed back. The whole run could have been finished in like 30mins or less. However, I took longer, about an hour. To admire the night scenery of China Town, looking at eating outlets that are quiet and some are packed with patrons. Checked out the night view of the Cat city statues etc. Take pictures - Instagram, Facebook etc.

In the morning, instead of having the hotel breakfast, opted for morning walk to China Town for a bowl of Kolo Mee, which is a famous local dish.

So, the hotel pretty much has nothing going on, so be creative, or else life is bored.

Cheerio.

Room Tip: For less than RM100, opt for room with windows, you will not regret.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SamuelTan
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed there for a short work trip. For that price, I did not expect much but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was nice and quite large. It was complete with everything practical like a minibar, hairdryer, and most importantly of all... internet connection!!!
Service at the reception was fairly fast, efficient and pleasant. Even their email replies for my reservation was rather fast.
I would most definitely stay here again on my next trip to Kuching.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Karynn-YH-Tan
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We had been here a week during our business trip. The room is nice and large, bathroom is spacious too. Breakfast is just good, not many variety and the floor somehow is not clean.

Location is out of the city, but it just take you 10 minutes to get to downtown. The hotel also offers free shuttle to downtown based on their schedule.

Overall we enjoy our stay here and would recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2557, traveled on business