“Beyond my expectation”
Review of M Hotels

M Hotels
Ranked #35 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

The room cost me RM98 pernight. So for 2 nights stay it was RM196. It was a short stay with a friend as we wanted some cheap escape away fron home to finish our assignment. The room was nice, soft bed, free wifi & cable internet, free toileteries. The price is cheap but the provide us with everything. Car park is very convinience. Will stay here again in the future. Oh ya.. Make sure you travel with transportation to stay here ok. No cheap public transport other than taxi overhere.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I might be just one of few people who just had a bad day. I arrive in Kuching quite late at 9pm and they almost forget to send the airport shuttle to the airport. I make a call, they appologize and within 15minutes a 12 seater van arrive just to pick me up at the airport and I dont even have to pay the fees.
Check in went smooth. However, the room they promised is not what i booked. I booked a deluxe room and requested a high floor with a view. And the room i get is superior with no window and no wifi signal. And i pay extra 50myr for the window itself. The next day i went to the reception and ask for a refund. The hesitate and i have to speak to the manager myself. She reduce the price for the following day and ask me to change to a new room.
The problem continues as i check in to my new room. The manager promised me a room at 15th floor with a view as my mom is staying with me and its her first time in Kuching. And what i get is a room at 5th floor. You dont just make promises and then forget about it.
Breakfast spread is fine for me.
However, the hotel itself is nice. Good amenities & facilities. As I said. It might just not be my luck.
Distance from the hotel to citycenter is quite a problem. And taxi is not metered and its double the rate.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hassy12
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Often the hotel is a place to rest, have fun, business etc.

So it is totally up to individual what they really like to do while staying at a hotel. Because staying at 360 Degree Urban Resort, it is not like a resort staying of which many activities are arranged for you.

This place, you need to plan, think about what you want to do. If you are here for business and work, like me, then depending how much time you have.

After a full day work, I went back to hotel to sleep, woke up at 9pm, and I went for a run. The hotel surrounding, mainly from the back. It is a nice river, which really well lit, and I ran along the river, until China Town, then headed back. The whole run could have been finished in like 30mins or less. However, I took longer, about an hour. To admire the night scenery of China Town, looking at eating outlets that are quiet and some are packed with patrons. Checked out the night view of the Cat city statues etc. Take pictures - Instagram, Facebook etc.

In the morning, instead of having the hotel breakfast, opted for morning walk to China Town for a bowl of Kolo Mee, which is a famous local dish.

So, the hotel pretty much has nothing going on, so be creative, or else life is bored.

Cheerio.

Room Tip: For less than RM100, opt for room with windows, you will not regret.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SamuelTan
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed there for a short work trip. For that price, I did not expect much but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was nice and quite large. It was complete with everything practical like a minibar, hairdryer, and most importantly of all... internet connection!!!
Service at the reception was fairly fast, efficient and pleasant. Even their email replies for my reservation was rather fast.
I would most definitely stay here again on my next trip to Kuching.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Karynn-YH-Tan
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We had been here a week during our business trip. The room is nice and large, bathroom is spacious too. Breakfast is just good, not many variety and the floor somehow is not clean.

Location is out of the city, but it just take you 10 minutes to get to downtown. The hotel also offers free shuttle to downtown based on their schedule.

Overall we enjoy our stay here and would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2557, traveled on business
1  Thank Kosal S
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at this hotel (tower A) for 6 nights during our honeymoon (visiting KL,Borneo,Langkawi & Dubai). It was the least luxurious of the hotels we had booked but we were still very pleased with the standard of our room. We picked it for the price mainly as it was good value and we had so many trips booked during our stay that we knew we would not be spending much time at the hotel. The breakfast was not a large selection and very repetitive but was an adequate enough start to the day. We also took advantage of the washing facilities in tower B during our stay whcih was very useful as we were travelling for 23 days in total so got to freshen up our suitcases before moving on. The pool was OK. Not many sun loungers but it was never very busy around the pool any but was nice for a dip when we got back from trips. Yes the hotel is slightly out of town but there is a free shuttle bus so we tended to get the bus in and then a taxi back which was a few pounds. Staff were always friendly too. Would recommend this hotel if the price is right.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I spent 3 days at the 360 Urban Resort Hotel in the Hock Lee Centre, Kuching. The hotel itself is good but I was disappointed that it was away from the centre. If you wanted to go to or from the centre of the city there was a free shuttle but otherwise it was a $5 taxi ride. There is the 360 Express in the centre & if it's the same standard I will stay there next time.

Room Tip: Has a free laundry on 3 of the higher floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo