“Top Choice”

Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Melbourne, Australia
“Top Choice”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I don't think you could beat the Limetree for value in Kuching.
It is a great central location only 10 min walk to the river and centre of town. It is near new China Town so heaps of eating choices. There is a supermarket 5 min walk away. Our rooms [2] were away from the main road and very quiet.
The rooms were clean and bright. The bathroom was clean and the shower hot and did not flood the room.
Wifi was fine. Good choice of TV channels. Breakfast offered a great selection of Western and Asian choices that changed daily and were replenished when they got low.
Airport pickup and checkin smooth even in the middle of the night. Booking and communication excellent.
Staff could not be faulted - always smiling and friendly and ready to help.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Rooms without windows are a bit smaller but still plenty of room and worth the small extra amount of...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Nancybe,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on your recent stay at The LimeTree Hotel Kuching. We are delighted to learn that the location and amenities of our hotel were such positive elements for your stay, making us your top choice! Your kind comments about our breakfast have also validated the efforts of our kitchen team to serve quality dishes.

We thank you for your feedback and commendation of us to others; your satisfaction is regarded our most valuable reward. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back with us the next time you are in Kuching! Best wishes from all at The LimeTree.

Warm regards,

The LimeTree Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Lime Tree Hotel in Kuching. It is a unique little hotel with a definite Lime flavor; Lime Light Lounge, Café Sublime, Lime Green everything and Limes for sale in the lobby. The staff was wonderful; the night clerk miss-read my departure time and gave me a very early wake up call by mistake, he later wrote an apology note and slipped it under my door before I left, I will remember that courtesy much longer than I will remember waking up early. Front desk was very helpful with tours and all requests. The lobby café and roof top lounge were both great and breakfasts were good. A short ten minute walk through Chinatown to the waterfront with a multitude of restaurants along the way, everything from street food to linen table clothes. I loved my stay there.

Room Tip: Non-smoking Hotel but with a small outdoor smoking area on the ground floor and smoking allowed in r...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Scott A,

Thank you very much for sharing your LimeTree experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to know you had enjoyed our amenities and our lime theme! It is with lime, a fruit with natural cleansing properties, that we explore and share the concept of healthy and positive living with our guests, and we are glad you captured the true essence of it during your stay!

We wish to apologize once again for any discomfort experienced from the wake-up call incident by the night Front Desk team. Indeed, to err is human; to forgive, divine. We truly appreciate your kind understanding on this matter and we have since refined our processes to avoid this incident from recurring.

I have shared your kind comments with our team, and your satisfaction was regarded our most valuable reward, We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us the next time you are in Kuching!

Best regards,

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The Limetree is in a good location close to the centre of town.
The room was nice, simple and clean, as was the bathroom. There was a good choice of channels in English on the TV.
There was free wifi throughout the hotel.
The breakfast choice was perfectly adequate for a more continental type buffet.

Upon arrival, you are given a voucher for a free lime juice in the bar. This was a nice bar and there were also lots of big moths sat on the outdoor canopy, which were nice to watch.

The staff were all really friendly and helpful in booking trips for us and even advising companies where the trips could be found cheaper, as we were on a budget.

My only negative of the trip, which was funny but I think I was lucky - in the town, a lot of the drains are not covered - at the side of the road and randomly in the middle of footpaths. I was walking through town one night in an unlit section and fell down a drain as you could not see the hole in the darkness. I was in the hole up to my chest. Luckily the only damage to myself was a graze. But if I was older or had fallen funny, I dread to think what would have happened. As it was, I spent the next few days worrying that the cut would be infected with something. Obviously, this is not a reflection on the hotel, but more a warning to be careful as some of them are totally in the dark. Nuts!

I would definitely return to this hotel - fantastic value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear wheretonext1979,

Thank you for taking the time to share your LimeTree experience on TripAdvisor. My team and I are thrilled to read your positive feedback on your fruitful stay and nothing makes us happier than knowing that you found your stay to be of fantastic value.

Regarding the pavement drain issue in town, it is much appreciated that you had highlighted it to warn fellow travelers; in the meantime, I have alerted our local council about this urgent safety matter.

We are grateful for your comments which undoubtedly validated our team's efforts to always provide excellent service. A big thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again when you next travel to Kuching.

Best wishes from all at The LimeTree Hotel!

Warm regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

1.came out from arrival hall,hotel driver already waiting for us,send us to hotel in very friendly mode
2.check in very fast with courteous and helpful staff.Luggage delivered by driver to our room.Requested for additional room card,no problem.Book semenggoh visit for the next day,did it for us immediately.
3.Only snag for this hotel.My deluxe room's aircond got problem,so reported to front office and they quickly send technician to rectify the problem but without success.Informed me they will upgrade us to a suite.Good way of resolving a guest unresolved problem.
4.The suite is big and clean,with very clean bathroom.Large bed,sofa seat,led tv,fridge.Overall very good
5.Their f&b is very good also,breakfast no complaints.Beverages at the top floor also no complaints especially when they have a friendly bartender who came and chat with me since I was drinking alone.
6.summary: All the excellent review and comments that i obtained from trip advisor is absolutely true.No intention to try another hotel with my next trip

• Stayed January 2014
Cold Spring, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Lime Tree is a modern budget hotel near but not in the touristy waterfront section of town. it is about a 10 minute walk to all the tourist hot spots, but being a bit outside enables you to walk through Chinatown and get a feel for Kuching, yet it is close enough so that you can take advantage of all that Kuching has to offer. The rooms are tiny by American standards, yet they include every amenity: free wifi, lovely TV, little slippers, hair dryer, etc. and the room is immaculately clean. But what really makes the Lime Tree stand out are the wonderful people. All of the staff are helpful and friendly and the desk staff especially are patient, knowledgeable and thorough. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times but this time I tried a different method to book the room, but it's come to my surprise by the time I stepped in when 1 male staff spotted me and recognized me straight away even greet me with my name! The check in process was super fast and it took me less than 5 minutes.
After a very long day and exhausted, there only 1 thing that I have in mind -a good rest, but before that an ice cool drink! So I went to their rooftop bar on the 5th floor, and over there I was greeted by this guy (couldn't remember his name-my bad) very helpful, cheerful guy and definitely yes, he also recognized me. Really great! After having their home made ice lemon drink and a small chat, I head to the room for a 'short' nap before dinner.
This time my room is facing the sarawak river or should I say the road side, (my favourite room was the in the middle, with no windows) but still the is very comfortable.
The only challenge that I'm facing during this trip is when I overslept and woke up at 2 am, starving!
I went down and asked the midnight staff of places to eat in that hour. He gave me some suggestion of where to eat. The nearest place is about 5-7 minutes walking distance and the nearest 7/11 is about 10-15 minutes walking distance from the hotel. So I decided to try Khatulistiwa restaurant in Kuching waterfront which is the food is a total disappointment! (Don't go the unless if you a white)
The breakfast next day was great, and I took my niece to join me for breakfast.
In this trip, I stayed here for 2night and decided to try another hotel which I regretted of making such decision. This hotel absolutely the best choice for an 'easy travellers' just like me.
Keep it up Limetree, you will always be my 1st choice!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bombay
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is a late review as I stayed at the Lime Tree in July of 2013. It was a wonderful experience. The rooms are clean and basic and reasonably priced. The service is excellent and the location is also very nice. I loved the rooftop bar, which is a great and unpretentious place for a sundowner.

The hotel also organises excursions to national parks and I went on one such tour. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Kuching next

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo