WINNER WONDERLAND

“Still the best choice! ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The LimeTree Hotel

Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Singapore, Singapore
“Still the best choice! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times but this time I tried a different method to book the room, but it's come to my surprise by the time I stepped in when 1 male staff spotted me and recognized me straight away even greet me with my name! The check in process was super fast and it took me less than 5 minutes.
After a very long day and exhausted, there only 1 thing that I have in mind -a good rest, but before that an ice cool drink! So I went to their rooftop bar on the 5th floor, and over there I was greeted by this guy (couldn't remember his name-my bad) very helpful, cheerful guy and definitely yes, he also recognized me. Really great! After having their home made ice lemon drink and a small chat, I head to the room for a 'short' nap before dinner.
This time my room is facing the sarawak river or should I say the road side, (my favourite room was the in the middle, with no windows) but still the is very comfortable.
The only challenge that I'm facing during this trip is when I overslept and woke up at 2 am, starving!
I went down and asked the midnight staff of places to eat in that hour. He gave me some suggestion of where to eat. The nearest place is about 5-7 minutes walking distance and the nearest 7/11 is about 10-15 minutes walking distance from the hotel. So I decided to try Khatulistiwa restaurant in Kuching waterfront which is the food is a total disappointment! (Don't go the unless if you a white)
The breakfast next day was great, and I took my niece to join me for breakfast.
In this trip, I stayed here for 2night and decided to try another hotel which I regretted of making such decision. This hotel absolutely the best choice for an 'easy travellers' just like me.
Keep it up Limetree, you will always be my 1st choice!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bombay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is a late review as I stayed at the Lime Tree in July of 2013. It was a wonderful experience. The rooms are clean and basic and reasonably priced. The service is excellent and the location is also very nice. I loved the rooftop bar, which is a great and unpretentious place for a sundowner.

The hotel also organises excursions to national parks and I went on one such tour. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Kuching next

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ajay78
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good location - Within 15min you can get to 3 malls, waterfront, main bazaar. Its also close to restaurants and Chinatown is behind the hotel.

I booked the Deluxe room. it was really small.
What I didn't like is the bathroom as it was tiny and there wasn't good ventilation.
slippers, hair dryer, 2 in 1 shampoo and shower gel combines and other accessories were provided. No fridge.

room was cleaned daily. staff are really nice and helpful.
Try to use cabs to get to tourist attractions as the hotels tour packages are really expensive.

Room Tip: cabs can easily be found 5min walk away from the hotel, go to the malls.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Nitika04,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. My team and I are very pleased to know that you found our hotel to be well located and our team to be nice and helpful during your stay.

Regarding in-room fridges, mini-coolers are available for loan from our Front Desk. Advised with a sign in the room, this measure is in line with one of our efforts to be green and we are glad many of our guests are supportive of it.

The Deluxe room you had booked was 18 sqm in size, designed with a minimalist feel and equipped with amenities essential for a short stay. Please do not hesitate to enquire about our other room types of larger sizes, different layouts and amenities.

With regard to visiting places of interests, one can consider a few options of travel. Those who require guided tours, especially tours conducted in a foreign language, can consider the tour packages offered by our appointed trusted tour agencies. They offer a variety of all-inclusive packages which consist of transfers, tickets, scheduled guided tours and meals if stated so. Those who do not require guides for their visits, are able to purchase tickets upon arrival at the places of interest and wish to explore at their own time should consider taking our shuttle services which are competitively priced (if available) or hiring local taxis whom we can assist to call for.

Once again, thank you for your review and feedback. Wishing you a great year ahead and we look forward to welcoming you again to The LimeTree!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed four nights with our two children and had a family suite room (adjoining rooms -- king bed in one, and double in the other), to which we added an extra bed for our second child. The breakfasts were quite good, and the location was great, adjacent to Chinatown and a block from the river. They were helpful with arranging day trips around Kuching. The only downside was the extremely slow wifi.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Biogeog,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday to Kuching and for taking the time to review your stay. We are thrilled to learn that your stay was overall a positive one!

We are regretful to learn that the internet service was poor during your stay. Our internet service provider is constantly upgrading their lines and servers which can cause intermittent connection issues without prior notice while the works are being carried out. As much as we would like to provide this complimentary internet access consistently at good bandwidth, the service level by the provider cannot be guaranteed and is only at best effort; on our part, we shall always work with the provider to expedite their tasks in order to ensure our guests stay connected.

We are grateful for your comments and our team had the pleasure of serving you and your family. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I read the reviews before booking. All the positive reviews are true. The staff very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was exceptional. The room was great. The location is close to everything within walking distance to the waterfront. We had a early morning flight to leave Kuching and we had lunches made up for us at no charge. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We are seasoned travelers and have stayed in many hotels, this is by far the best bang for your buck...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anna and Ron K,

A really big thank you for giving us two thumbs up! We appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay at The LimeTree Hotel. Nothing makes us happier than knowing you had found your stay to be of great value and that you liked what we offer.

I have shared your kind comments with our brilliant team, which will further motivate our team to strive for excellence at all times. Your satisfaction has been regarded our most valuable reward! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us the next time you are in Kuching.

Warm wishes from all, at The LimeTree.

Kind regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Travelled solo for the first time to Kuching from 12-16 Dec. Booked Lime Tree hotel for my 4 nights stay due to the glowing review. One week before my arrival, the hotel contacted me to say they can only accommodate me for 2 nights due to some faulty aircon which requires servicing. They offered to book for me another hotel nearby at no additional charge and threw in a complimentary pick up at the airport and complimentary transfer to the new hotel. Accepted the offer since it was pretty decent. But upon reaching Lime Tree did not see any signs of aircon servicing and the hotel seemed to be functioning as normal. Figured they probably over-booked and needed to kick someone out and who better to kick out then a solo traveller. The alternative hotel (Hotel Abell) which they booked for me was really nice and located between two malls and a 5 mins walk to the waterfront. But I realised I was shortchanged as the hotel booking did not come with breakfast (I booked and paid for 4 nights with b'fast!) and the hotel has no wifi! Not a wise idea for a solo traveller to be w/out wifi to get in touch with home.

On my first day there, asked the cafe (there's a little cafe that sells cakes and pastries at the lobby) lady directions to the waterfront but she told me to ask the receptionist. So asked the receptionist and she said walk straight for 10 minutes. Really what type of directions is that?! The directions I would give was walk straight until you see a Macdonald's then cross the road towards the cat statues in the direction of Hotel Margherita. After crossing the road turn left and walk straight until you see a 7-11 store. Turn in after the 7-11 to the waterfront.

Overall, pretty disappointed with the hotel for diminishing my solo trip a little.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Murshida M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. Firstly, we appreciate your kind understanding for accepting the prearrangement to be relocated to another hotel during your stay in Kuching due to unforeseen circumstances on our part. We wish to also extend our apologies for the inconvenience as we read your feedback with concern regarding your overall experience. We take your comments very seriously and I would like to take this opportunity clarify and address the issues outlined accordingly.

A week prior to your arrival, we discovered our digital air-conditioning system had encountered an error which needed an urgent repair requiring imported replacement parts. Our team and vendors planned with care and scheduled for this critical repair work, not servicing work, to commence as soon as the parts arrived in mid-December. Under these circumstances coupled with our desire to accommodate our guests as much as we can and to handle this matter as seamlessly as possible, we immediately halted new bookings and contacted our guests with confirmed bookings for the affected room types in order to discuss alternative arrangements for their stay. I had then contacted you personally by e-mail regarding this situation.

The repair work could only commence once our guests vacate the affected rooms, hence the chosen date of your relocation to another hotel. You may wish to know that some guests had chosen other accommodations altogether with a full refund from us - an option I had offered to you as well, and you had chosen to accept our proposed alternative arrangement of a two-night stay at our hotel, complimentary transfer followed by a stay at Abell Hotel, a hotel not inferior to ours, in a room with breakfast of a category higher than the one you had booked at our hotel.

The room and breakfast details were stated in our e-mail to you as confirmation; if the stay details at Abell Hotel had not been honoured and did not meet your expectations, it should have been our team's obligation to resolve the matter where we would not hesitate to promptly assist, advise their staff of the discrepancy and demand a corrective action, if we had been contacted and made known of the issue.

We are disappointed that our compensation effort, which we believed at the time was our best judgement call to alleviate the situation for the inevitable issue we had to face, has indeed been grossly misconstrued. Nevertheless, your feedback will allow us to identify gaps and refine our processes to ensure issues are handled more seamlessly with our guests.

Please be assured that I have also shared your comments regarding the travel directions given with our front office team for their attention, where the importance of details have been emphasized. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention for our improvement.

Once again, we are sorry to learn that your stay was not a positive one; we hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the future and regain your confidence in us. In the meantime, wishing you safe travels and a Happy New Year.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great location for this hotel, very modern inside. Lovely bar on the roof terrace. The cleanest and most modern hotel we stayed in Sarawak.

Recommend you stay here for Bako or the Orangutang santuary.

Initially forgot to give us back our deposit for the safety deposit box but refunded it afterwards.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear EarthExplorer000,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The LimeTree Hotel on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback on our rooms and LimeLight Rooftop Lounge; you will be pleased to know that we will be redesigning some sections of our property in the near future as part of our continuous effort to upgrade and to maintain its contemporary look!

We thank you for your kind comments and we are grateful for your commendation of us to others. We look forward to having you with us again. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree!

Warm regards,