“Simply awesome service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Singapore, Singapore
“Simply awesome service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Before I select which hotel to stay in Kuching, i was checking on a few hotels. I sent in some queries via email.

LimeTree Hotel reply was prompt and they addressed every single questions I asked.

I wish to compliment the Manager Ms Serinah who attended to my email and she even greeted me when I reached the hotel.

The room was better than expected! Really clean and cosy. Location is good as it is near some coffeeshop that serve good food.

After I departed Kuching and reach my place, I discovered that I have left one of my clothings in the hotel.

I sent an email to Ms Serinah and she was also prompt in addressing my issue. In the end, she waived the postal charges to send back the item to me.

I really thank Ms Serinah for her excellent service as well as her team!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I had a great stay here and this really is deserved of its #1 position.

I was staying in Kuching at another hotel and then moved accross here. Check in was smooth and the welcome was warm, an early check in was no trouble.

The rooms are not large but overall are clean and have most of what you need. There is not fridge in room but cooler available to hire for free if you need one. My room had no safe either but again a safety deposit box was available at reception for those who require it.

The shower was great, and the beds comfy.

Room can with complimentary drink on roof top terrace which was really nice. Breakfast was fantastic with superb selection. Very fresh and much better than you would expect of 3 star hotel.It was well organised and seemed to have a supervisor who was on top of things!

In summary this is a great hotel. Staff seem to care and were so accommodating. I would recommend this 100% to any of my friends

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank aniceglassofred
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a great and sweet stay in Lime Tree. Room was clean, all in one bathing gel was nice and breakfast was good too. I would like to state my Thank You, publicly to Natasha at the Front Desk, who was truly honest. I had to give a RM50 deposit for the room, upon check-in (the room was fully paid already for before i arrive). Thus, i gave her a RM100, she proceed with everything and gave me my keys and receipt. We both forgot about my change of RM50, which i realized later on after getting into the room and started to unpack. So, before i started my sight seeing, dropped by the front desk and asked her if she remembered she gave me my changed, she too couldnt remember, it was nice of her to recalculate her collections to see if there was an extra RM50, she promptly returned it to me. For that i am very thankful and it was very honest of her too. Apart from that, i got my early check in too, which was great as i arrive early hoping to freshen up before starting the day. Thank you Lime Tree for an excellent service. I definitely recommend it.
Lily Teoh
Seremban

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just have a chance to write a review after our last visit in April 2011. They deserved a good review as this hotel is excellent service, reasonable price and good location. We were spend 3 nights in this hotels. Just love it. Our family room is big and comfortable. We loved the rood top bar. Good view and chill beer!! Bravo!! Thank you for your hospitality even long while ago but I still remember. :) Definitely be back...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JayEkkathattanan
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in the Lime Tree Hotel. The hotel is very clean with nice rooms and great facilities, the staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfasts are delicious. Loved all the limes! Kuching itself is a fantastic city with lots to do. We recommend doing a river cruise at sunset and the cooking course at Bumbu.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caroline N
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Found the Lime Tree via tripadvisor, and can see why it has received such great reviews. Got a great deal via Agoda, the room was spotless and nice (very small, if that bothers you) with a really nice bathroom and great hot shower. The lime bath gel is lovely! Great bed and the breakfast is good, lots of healthy options. Was given a free lime juice on arrival. Walking distance to everything. Really, really great value and lovely staff.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Megsadventures,

Thank you for taking the time to share your LimeTree experience on TripAdvisor! My team and I are thrilled to read your positive feedback on your fruitful stay and nothing makes us happier than knowing that you found your stay to be of really great value!

One may wish to know that most of our rooms are of Deluxe type with 185 sq ft in size, designed with a minimalist feel and equipped with amenities essential for a short stay. Our Front Desk team members are able to recommended other room types bigger in size and with different amenities based on our guests' preferences.

We are grateful for your comments which undoubtedly validated our team's efforts to always provide excellent service and to always ensure our guests are our top priority. A big thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again when you next travel to Kuching.

Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree Hotel!

Warm regards,

Julie Tay - Resident Manager
The LimeTree Hotel
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Using Trip Advisor's recommendations, we booked in for 5nights in mid Feb, travelling on from Brunei and KK. This hotel provides wonderful customer service and great value for money. Not the biggest room I've stayed in, but beautifully clean with nice bedlinen and towels, it was adequately equipped for our stay. Nice touches like the free slippers, bag and toiletries showed they cared about the customer experience. Breakfast catered for every nationality, though it would have been lovely if the fruit juice had been as fresh and natural as the fruit provided, not sugary fruit drinks. If you need a safe deposit box you can have one downstairs off Reception. I was given a key and not charged any deposit. Staff are always on hand to open and close it as required. The hotel's biggest asset is their charming and helpful staff who want you to enjoy your stay. I recommend them wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room with a city/ river view. The 4th floor had good views over the city during Chin...