“Perfect 'getaway'!”
Review of The LimeTree Hotel

Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My 3rd visit to this hotel. Working in 1 of the leading hotel in Singapore make me to choose a very relaxing place for holiday and yes I would simply intend to compare any hotels that I've stayed and I can say that this hotel never let me down.
I have requested the same room category as I was stayed previously and I got it. I was greeted BY NAME on I stepped into the lobby by a very friendly Chinese reception. The check in process is very fast ( about 5 minutes). Once I stepped into the room, it is just like I axpected, clean and refreshing, with a very comfortable bed and pillows, so I end up sleeping the entire day.
In the evening I went to the bar (open concept) which is on the 5 th floor. The gut who used to work the has left the hotel but the level of service is still there. Some hotel staff would have this attitude of delivering double standard to local guests and an international guests but it doesn't happen here.
Overall, after my 3rd visit I would say that I can compare this hotel to the other 5 star hotels in Kuching (even thou they are not), maybe better and it will be my permanent stopover when I'm in Kuching. There are so many things that impress me and it is may take an hour to list it down. GREAT JOB Limetree!
PS: the entire hotel rooms is a non smoking room which is a better place for family. Those who smoke. Don't worry, you may smoke at the open bar on the 5th floor, anytime of the day.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jenikins
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Jenikins,

Thank you for taking the time to share your LimeTree experience on TripAdvisor! It was delightful to have you as our guest again and we are pleased to learn you had an enjoyable and restful holiday with us. We are grateful for your comments where you have truly captured the essence of our concept and validated our team's efforts to always provide excellent service and to always ensure our guests are our top priority.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for another city getaway in the not too distant future. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree Hotel!

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I just spent a lovely weekend at the limetree hotel in Kuching. From the reservation process through to checkout, the stafff were wonderful. The room was quite basic but very clean.
The staff arranged our tours for us and made our stay quite enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear eddie s,

Greetings from The LimeTree Hotel! Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable weekend with us and I have shared your kind comments with our team, who are happy to have been of service to you during your stay.

We appreciate the time you have taken to review us and we hope to see you again should your travel plans bring you back to Kuching.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We booked this hotel from Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. It is light and airy, has a great little rooftop bar and cafe looking out over the city and river. Their lime based drinks are fabulous. We had an executive room with a huge curved window,and separate seating area which was much better than just a hotel room for a week. It is about a ten minute walk from the main bazaar but we oldies did it easily in the heat. Turn left out of the hotel and then right at the intersection and two doors down is a laundry, a two minute walk. We loved just walking around the streets, went for the river cruise, went to the wildlife park on public transport and best of all took the bus and boat(best bit of the trip) to Bako National Park.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window as there are internal rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindaC53

Dear LindaC53,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The LimeTree Hotel Kuching and for taking the time to review your stay. We are thrilled to read your positive comments about our Executive Suite room and our facilities, which have been shared with all our team members. I identify with your comments on walking around the streets of Chinatown within our vicinity - exploring Chinatown is indeed a great way to discover its history, charm and to connect with the locals!

Our guests will always be our top priority and we remain committed in providing excellent service, comfort and value to our guests. Your comments are most appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you again! Best wishes from all at The LimeTree Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Really liked this hotel. Although not located on the waterfront, it is only an 8 minute walk away. Rooms are not particularly large, but immaculately clean and had a superb shower. The lime theme throughout the hotel is lovely - delicious lime juice at breakfast and lime shower gel. Breakfast was excellent and changed on a daily basis, which was great as we stayed there 6 nights. The shuttle service to and from the airport was really handy and actually slightly cheaper than taking a taxi. The only problem we experienced was on night one of our stay, when we were kept awake by our neighbours and then awoke at 6am by the TV in our neighbouring room - the walls in the hotel are quite thin. However, the owners of the hotel were happy to move us to a quieter room and we really enjoyed the remainder of our stay

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have been wanting to write this hotel review, but only after almost 2 months then I'm able to squeeze something out :-)

We went to Kucing city of Sarawak in Malaysia for the 1st time in mid June-2012, for 3D2N over weekend. In short, Kucing is a wonderful city to visit.

We are a family of 4, me, my wife and my 2 young boys, 9- and 6-year old. I'm rather particular in choosing hotel that meets our expectations.
I actually gathered all my facts from tripadvisor here.

I chose LimeTree Hotel at the end. Turned out it was a very good one and 4 of us liked it a lot. We told ourselves that if we were to go to Kucing again, LimeTree Hotel will be definitely our choice! Hope thay maintain this kind of standards for years to come.

The 1st good impression came from the very prompt email response from front office manager, Serinah.

This played an very important role because in my past experience, I was quite frequently let down by hotels that put up a "contact us" details, but didn't get a response at all.
We communicated many rounds before I decided on the reservation with them. Each time she gave me very detailed explanation in the replies, so much so that I booked the 2-way airport transfers, their 2-way limo service to Cultural Village! I must say thay offerred good competitive rates.

Keep up the good work, Serinah!

A few other comments from all of us, including my 2 young boys:

Positive Comment:

1. Spacious, super clean room of the family suite (mine is on 2nd floor). The wooden floor tiling was practically dust-free!

2. Clean & comfy bed & pillows, big sofa for big size adult like me to sleep comfotably.

3. Superb lime fragrance toiletries, love the smell!

4. Friendly staff with excellent service you have there. We learn a lot of Kuching facts from the 2 drivers (Raj & Faiz); they actually answered all the questions from my never-get-tired boys throughout the journey (airport & cultural village).

5. Adequate breakfast spread for the young one & adult. My wife & I love the local delicacies (kuih/goreng pisang), & most of all, the Sarawak laksa VERY MUCH. We ate 2-3 bowls & we actually bought 15 packs of laksa paste from the gift shop at hotel lobby until our check-in luggage weight was slightly over limit!

6. Good location: Not far from waterfront, many restaurants/coffee shops around, and shopping malls.

7. The rooftop bar/cafe/lounge was really something, with good choices of food and drinks. Unfortunately our stomach space was limited (spoiled by the good food in Kuching). We only spent some quality time having drinks both nights. View overseeing Kucing city & the river from this 6th floor was great, expecially during sunset.

Area for Improvement:

1. I couldn't seem to turn the TV on the office desk fully to face the sofa; so I couldn't enjoy my midnight European Cup match on the sofa :-(

2. Not enough rack or hanger in the bathroom for towel or our pyjamas. My experience was, most hotel bathroom had hanger behind the bathroom door, or towel rack on the wall.

3. Me only (I'm a light sleeper) was disturbed (but not much) by the traffic noise during midnight.
Maybe we should try higher floor next time.

Lastly, on behalf of my family, we want to send the thanks to the whole crew for the excellent job done!!

LimeTree Hotel, keep it up!!

Best Regards,
yoong

Room Tip: 1. Contact hotel first to check for package deal if you are staying multiple nights 2. Go for famil...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank yoongnc
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Everything was almost perfect. However, there are 3 things I need to discuss about this place.
First, the restaurant at the hotel was not that great. Food is quite expensive. However, the breakfast buffet was really delicious.
Second, we asked the reception to order a taxi to the airport. However, they made a mistake and they did not order it. It was a big frustration for us.
Third, the location is good, but I would prefer to live closer to the Chinatown and the central bazaar. It takes 15-20 minutes to get to the centre. It is a pleasant walk, but if you stay there for longer, that walk might start to annoy you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I went to Kuching for work and stayed here as it was walking distance to our office.

The breakfast spread was aplenty, had quite a selection to choose from. I had their laksa Sarawak for breakfast the two days I was there. It was nice since I didnt have time to explore or to scout for good laksa Sarawak.

The room was decorated with fresh white linen and hints of lime green here and there.

The restaurant at the rooftop was also nice at night, showing off Kuching with its lights and quiet breeze. But when we went there to try it out it was quite late, so we only had some finger food.

Room Tip: Grab some of those gorgeous green limes in the bowl at the front desk; cut the lime and enjoy a refr...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business