1,054 results
All reviewslime treerooftop barlime juicelaksabanana frittersmarmaladewestern optionsthe riverfamily suitechinatown areatop floorairport pickjalan padungannon smokingstayed nightsbudget hotelcity view
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Just stayed 2 nights for a short trip in Kuching.

Booking online and get 10% discount.

I arrived about 12.00 pm on the 8th June and the check in process is quite smooth, the staff is very polite and explained many things to me.

Then i drove my car to the basement car park, not very big but it's okay for me. But every time i want to go out or go into the car park, i have to call the hotel staff to help me pull up the gate. The morning staff are willing to help me but the evening staff said i can pull it up by myself. So .... i have to DIY myself.

The buffet breakfast is good...no complain.

Room not very spacious but very comfortable with the lime theme, LCD TV, free WIFI ( not functioning on my 2nd night). And i get free newspapers just as i requested when i booked online, thanks!

The Limelight Rooftop Lounge at 5th floor is very romantic at night, i spend a good time enjoying the complimentary drink with my wife!!

Overall i'm very satisfied with this hotel, definitely will stay again!

Finally, from what i observed, the staff for the morning session are very friendly and helpful, always greeted me with smile. But the evening staff just lack of these qualities.

Room Tip: Check their website for best deal!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anthonylau83
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2011

Dear anthonylau83,

Thank you for staying at The LimeTree Hotel during your recent trip to Kuching. We truly appreciate the the time you have taken to write an extensive review on your stay at our hotel. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our room amenities and facilities, especially our LimeLight Rooftop Lounge! I feel that the night view of the city and river really is quite breathtaking. I am glad that you and your wife had the opportunity to discover it during your stay.

With regard to our basement car parking, we apologise for the inconvenience you had experienced. As the shutters are currently manually operated, our staff would help to open them only when requested. I wish to clarify that our evening lobby staff which you had mentioned, were unable to leave their station at the time to render assistance - this is of course unfavourable and we will ensure this does not recur. Your feedback has prompted us to introduce necessary changes and an automated shutter will be installed in the near future. We are also dissapointed to learn of the service shortfall you had experienced; your comments are taken seriously and are duly noted where time and care will be taken to train our staff to ensure our level of service is consistent at all times. We are also regretful that the internet connection during your stay was found to be unstable, which occurs occassionally as advised by our internet service provider.

In closing, we thank you for your comments and constructive feedback. Our team will always strive to make our guests' stay memorable and unique, and your satisfaction is indeed our most valuable reward. We thank you again for your comments and commendation of us to others. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife again!

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Hotel was great for a short stay. Transfers to and from airport good, and location of hotel near the centre was a bonus. Staff very friendly and helpful, and much appreciated the free wifi. On the downside there was a lot of traffic noise at night, and the room would have benefited from having some storage drawers plus a bigger space for hanging clothes. It was quite a nuisance having to keep using our suitcase for clothes when we were staying for 5 nights.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaperStoneScissors

Dear BlueAlila,

Greetings from The LimeTree Hotel! Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our amenities and that you were able to utilise our complimentary wi-fi service to keep in touch with your friends and family.

We appreciate your feedback on our room design. Our Deluxe rooms have been designed to maximise space usage but I understand that the storage design may not be favourable to all guests; therefore perhaps next time, do let us know of your requirements and we can better assign the rooms, as our Executive rooms are fitted with larger wardrobes. We have also further enforced sound dampening for the windows of the said room.

We thank you for your kind comments and constructive feedback which will enable us to continually improve our facilities and services. Our staff are glad to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you again. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree!

Reviewed June 4, 2011

Very welcoming staff. Rooms are not very big, but are clean and have everything you need. The outside of the building is not very attractive as it looks rather like an office building with blue glass windows, but inside is fine, and the lime tree theme is attractive. Breakfast good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear champac,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that your stay was a positive one and that you appreciated the hotel's lime theme, which consisted of lime-based ideas and healthy concepts that we want to share with all our guests! You may wish to know that the building was originally built by others as an office which never materialised, and current owners refurbished it to become what it is today. You may read more about its history from our website!

Your kind comments have been shared with our team and we are glad to have been of service to you. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us the next time you are in Kuching.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Good location, reasonable prices, friendly staff, good breakfast, clean and comfortable exactly what one looks for in a hotel.

A couple of negative points, some of the 'common areas" of the hotel are getting a little worn, nothing that a deep clean and a little paint could not fix.

When I booked I was not aware that I had booked a room "without window", I was offered an upgrade at a small charge which I took, it was probably my own error so I have no complaint

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cram987
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Dear Cram987,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The LimeTree Hotel on your recent trip to Kuching and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn that your stay was a positive one and that we were able to meet your expectations! Your feedback on the housekeeping and maintenance of our public areas is duly noted and shared with our team. We thank you for your honest, constructive feedback which will enable us to continually improve our facilities and services.

For your kind information, the room you had initially booked was a Superior room which was located in the centre of the guest floor. It had decorative windows hence without a city view; the room is nonetheless spacious and comfortable. I trust the Deluxe room with a city view you occupied eventually was more suitable and satisfactory.

Once again, we thank you for your kind comemnts and we look forward to having you with us again!

Reviewed May 29, 2011

The Limetree Hotel is a modern, non smoking, friendly hotel. It's rooms are large and bright with comfortable beds and pillows, quiet air-conditioning and modern bathrooms. The staff all speak excellent English and go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the airport and to other tourist attractions (there is a charge which is less than the designated taxi cost.) The breakfast (in our case it was free) was superb offering a selection of Asian and Western dishes plus a number of sweet delicacies such as lime tartlets, little heart shaped desserts, banana fritters and much more. It has a lovely covered bar area on the top floor that offers good views over the city.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a partial river view.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lync1901

Dear lync1901,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! The LimeTree team is overjoyed to read about how you appreciate our concept as non-smoking boutique hotel, where we believe in things being fresh, simple by design and most importantly, functional for the comfort of our guests. We love our limes and aim to have more lime-based products in the near future for all to experience and enjoy, especially lime-infused foods!

Again, many thanks for your kind comments. We hope you had a great time in Kuching and we look forward to welcoming you again. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree!