Travelling alone I found this hotel adequate and it's true what the website says, the beds are super comfortable. I didn't spend that much time in the room anyway. I did find their maintenance unacceptable however. The first room (I stayed twice) had no hot water, and when I asked about it the girl said you have to wait 10-15 minutes for it to heat up. I found this ludicrous since one of their claims to fame is the "power shower" and since they have the gall to put one of those "we care about the environment" signs on the bed so you don't ask to have your sheets changed. (Incidentally, I took that off and the sheets weren't changed anyway, I know because they had biro pen all over them and it was still there when I came back.)
On the second stay the aircon didn't work, and since this was something I paid extra for, I asked for another room. They sent 2 men up to stare at it for a while and it got hotter and hotter, until finally I got over it and asked for a new room. She told me there were no more single rooms left, and I said that wasn't my problem, I had made the booking in advance and the room should have been ready. As if by magic, another single room became available.
Even though the bed was comfy, the noise level was enough to drive anyone mad. A nearby bar stayed open until at least 3am with a thumping bass beat, and before 5am the calls to prayer started. So sleep was really not on the agenda.
The Hilton Hotel is across the road so I treated myself to a proper breakfast. For RM30 you can swim in their pool, since this isn't much in Aus dollars I gladly took advantage. Funny though since that's almost the price of the Tune room :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get a 5-star sleeping experience at a 1-star price with Tune Hotels branded select-service hotels.The Waterfront Kuching hotel features 135 private rooms with en-suite bathrooms. We believe in letting our guests know exactly what you pay for, and offer the capability to design your stay via reasonably priced pay-as-you-use add-ons. The prices quoted are inclusive of the room price, applicable fees and prevailing taxes only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tune Hotel Waterfront Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tune Hotels .Com Waterfront Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Tune Hotel Waterfront Kuching Sarawak