First of all, I walked-in for the rooms..I did not do any booking, so I sort of in luck that day..
The front-desk service was friendly. Warm smiles accompany the whole process. The rooms were explained clearly, including the rates and charges for additional service.
The room, considering it is a new Tune hotel branch, was very clean and equip with the standard Tune Hotel design. If you have been to Tune Hotel before, then you'll know what to expect. The design is modern, with sleek white interior *wall,bed sheet,pillow* and woodsie brown *cabinet,flooring*. The toilet and shower were clean and really nice.
But bear in mind that you pay for what you use. You'll have to pay to upgrade to air condition (ceiling fan will be given for standard price), kettle, iron, tv, towels and toiletries. There were no phone provided but you can use the ones provided at the public area (lift).
The location was not that far from main attraction (main bazaar, Waterfront area). If you want to visit Cultural Village, Orang Utans Park, Bako National Park or Santubong Mountain, you still have to travel more than 30minutes from the city. it is best to travel by local cab or tour company (depends on your methods of traveling). A tour agency was also available at the lobby of the hotel. It is best for you to compare the price first ( I consider it a bit too expensive)
The rooms were not really sound proof. I end up sleeping late because the neighbors next door keep making noise. They were just checked-in so they were really excited about the rooms. Played with the door, kids running and screaming. So it really can get on your nerves. That is the only thing I hate about this hotel and I think they have received a lot of complaints regarding it because the whole Tune Hotels branch provide thin walls.
Overall, I think the hotel offers one of the best solution to those who want to just crash in for the night and leave early in the morning (standard room w/o additional service) and still save some money. It was just what I need during my travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get a 5-star sleeping experience at a 1-star price with Tune Hotels branded select-service hotels.The Waterfront Kuching hotel features 135 private rooms with en-suite bathrooms. We believe in letting our guests know exactly what you pay for, and offer the capability to design your stay via reasonably priced pay-as-you-use add-ons. The prices quoted are inclusive of the room price, applicable fees and prevailing taxes only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Tune Hotel Waterfront Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tune Hotels .Com Waterfront Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Tune Hotel Waterfront Kuching Sarawak