“Tune Hotel?”

Tune Hotel Waterfront Kuching, Sarawak
Ranked #21 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Actually we have bad experience stay at Tune, LCCT and Downtown KL.

But we feel happy stay at Tunes kuching. The room is definitely bigger and comfort for us. It’s look like a hotel compared to Tunes, LCCT and KL more likely like hostel.

Recommended for those who look for budget hotel in Kuching. You won’t regret stay in because it’s located strategically for you walking around Kuching

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JJnEE

Reviewed December 28, 2011

New and clean for the room in Kuching branch. Good value for its location even with purchasing of the internet and TV packages. The compact sized room with basic facilities, shower and bathroom, LCD TV and wallmounted foldable table top.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EstelleFoo
Reviewed December 12, 2011

stayed in this property for 3 nites recently and i must say that this place requires urgent attention by the management based in the hq. the rooms condition are below decent standard with cob webs hovering above our heads, stained bed linens, dusty window ledge and worse still, the foul smelling of the bathroom which believes to be originated from the sewerage system. certain staffs are also found to be lacking in providing accurate localised information like the bus schedules which almost cause us missing the attraction which happens to be quite far from the city... semenggoh orang utan centre. the only positive point is its very central location where you could just move conveniently around the city even by walking....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank malaichai
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This is my 3rd Visit to a Tune Hotel and it just seems to keep getting worse. I haven't even spent one night here and it's so bad I have to warn other people.

I learned from my first Tune hotel Penang that cleanliness is not part of the tune motto. I ended up buying cleaning supplies to make it more suitable. I rationalized that because it was so cheap (booking 5 months in advance) That I could justify cleaning myself.

My room in Kuching was so bad that I found it amusing. That was until I took the pillowcase off my pillow. So disgusting. I felt insulted that they wanted me to put my face on that. I even tried to wash it and that didn't help. Tune Hotels might have been great when first opened, but they are going downhill fast. I had to take the issue up with the front desk, Everyone laughed like it was some big joke. The housekeeper obviously saw this pillow when changing the cover but they don't care. There is a lot of mould in the bathroom too. The manager did change the pillow for me and said it was the housekeepers fault. The girl at the front desk laughed and said it was fine??? Really??

I got a base rate of $23 ringget a night for a single room and I feel ripped off. Thankfully I am only here 5 nights. First and last time I take a single room or ever stay at Tune Hotel Kuching.

The design of this room is so bad too. The room is like 7x7 feet. The desk is underneath the air conditioner with a sign saying don't leave electronics here cause when the air conditioner leaks on it it's not our fault. The clothes hanger is wedged between the tv and fan??? The room has a huge window facing some kind of outdoor patio and building, which makes me feel like a prostitute in the red light district if I open the blinds. The carpets in the hallway are disgusting with huge water stains... I can go on and on... I see other people feel the same way. Too bad I didn't see those reviews when I booked this dump hole. I think i'm even insulting a dump hole by comparing it to tune hotel Kuching.

If I checkout and leave they keep my money and rent it to some other sucker for more, So I have to stay and make the best of it.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank PerpetualTraveler77
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My mum and I stayed here for 3 days 2 nights. When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly receptionist. You just have to pay a RM5 deposit for the card key. entering the room, I was shocked by the size of the room. It is a cubicle that fits in a small toilet, a twin bed, 2 small side tables with 2 mineral bottles. As a conclusion, I do feel like this place is suitable for dwarfs. Of course I was expecting worse as I heard stories about Tune Hotels where everything is not provided. As a matter of fact, they do deliver what they promised - good bed and shower. However, I felt so much frustrated with no aircond and TV as you need to pay extras to have these add-ons. The room is quite stuffy that the corridor is much cooler than the room. When it is a hot day, the room became unbearably hot even tjough the fan was switched on. If you can book the room during their promotion, go and grab it and get the add-ons. If you are on a tight budget, you can stay here, but please check the price first as you may get better hotels with almost the same price.

Room Tip: Book the rooms very early during their cheapest promotion, and get all the add-ons needed like airco...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Hasreena
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed here twice and decide will not return to this hotel location again. The room is dirty & smelly, the sleeping pillow has saliva smell. Lousy house-keeping service didn't replace the empty toilet paper for 2 days and I had to go to reception to ask for the toilet paper.

Room Tip: Use google and find more reviews before you book the hotel room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank LKM123
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed in July/August 2011 for over 2 weeks. We walked in and got a great deal <£20 per night - inc Air Con! Nice clean double room. Air con was a must - Wifi is chargeable but plenty of local eateries do it free! The hotel is a 200yd walk to the Kuching River front and minutes from many plush or budget eating houses. Great for local buses and the town too... At this price compared to others we tried in Kuching - recommended.

Room Tip: Check Online for great deals!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple