After our previous starwood stay in Kota Kinabalu, I was not sure what this one would be like but was very happy! Check in was easy and the staff friendly and helpful. The only downside is that whilst very handy to the airport, it is a long way from the city and the evening traffic is quite appalling. However, the taxis are cheap and our snail pace trip was not expensive, but it was not like we could decide just to go for a walk to explore.
We stayed 2 nights, punctuated by a night at Bako, so experienced 2 rooms. First room was on level 12, view back to the city. Light, airy, great bathroom (love the waterfall shower), excellent bed and well appointed with the usual consumables (more than average). Perfect. Second room, lower level, city view, identical, but they had forgotten to put in the consumables (did not matter to me as I was well stocked) and no hairdryer, which I discovered AFTER my shower..... and had to wait another half hour for it to arrive from housekeeping (1/2h less to explore the city) - not so perfect.....housekeeping let them down.
The restaurant is big and had generally an excellent range of dishes and foods, including quite a few local things, such as fern, on the menu (great in salad and also stir fry!). We had the buffet dinner, which was great value. Breakfast was good, but like quite a few places in Malaysia, there was no healthy cereal option (all high sugar, low fibre, poor nutritional value), and it would be great to have more of the wonderful tropical fruits that grow so well locally..... they would be well advised to have a look at Le Meridien in KL as probably the best starwood restaurant I know!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Where You Need to Go. Welcome to the Century Kuching Hotel in Sarawak, East Malaysia, on the amazing island of Borneo. We're located in the middle of the BDC commercial hub, near The Spring mall. We're also near Kuching International Airport (KCH). Free to Choose. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, we've got you covered with outstanding event spaces and contemporary restaurants and a bar. We also offer plenty of ways to stay active - such as our 24-hour fitness centre and a great outdoor pool - and to stay connected - like our 24-hour business centre and free Wi-Fi in all public areas. You'll even get complimentary daily newspapers and bottled water. Don't worry; there are no hidden fees. Casual Comfort. Our 435 rooms and suites are designed to make you feel right at home ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Century Kuching Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Kuching
- Four Points By Sheraton Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Four Points Kuching
- Century Kuching Hotel Sarawak