“a big disappointment compare to my last visit.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Century Kuching Hotel

and 1 more site!
Century Kuching Hotel
Ranked #43 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
“a big disappointment compare to my last visit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

i stay in this hotel a few time before, but this time was a very big disappointment.
The some of the light in the room doesn't work, the wallpaper need to be re-do, as there is a lot of water marks and wallpaper opening. the phone it self is missing a few button and not working well.
For something we paid for like the internet its really not meeting its requirement.
the bathtub can not be fill as the water tab can not maintain at the open position by it self (keeps on sliding down and turning off itself). hot water gone cold half way showering. and the water taps are all quite dirty at the corner.
There is also a few water marks on the table which looks very UN-neat.

Overall this stay of mine was very disappointed, the price is cheap but the quality of the hotel is very bad. I feel like i just stay in a 2 star hotel instate of a Sheraton hotel.

The Hotel really need to take note and up a class if you want to maintain the name of Sheraton.
Will give this hotel 1 more try the next trip going there, but if there is still no improvement will totally book another hotel as its totally not worth the effed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi Yeakemi,

Welcome back and it is disappointing to know that we did not meet your expectations this time round, I sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I would really appreciate if you can share with me your room number and date of stay so I can personally look into the matters as guest comfort is very important to us and I will share your comments with the related departments for their immediate attention and improvement.

Again, thanks for the gift of feedback and should you travel back to Kuching we hope we can welcome you back to the Four Points and please reach to me (Ivan.chai@fourpoints.com) directly so I may assist with your accommodation arrangement.

Guest Experience Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Indonesian first
Draper, Utah, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have been VERY unimpressed with the hotel. the rugs, carpeting are so old and dirty. You are not provided with internet. The bathroom toliet was dirty, hair on the floor and in the sink, no extra things in the bathroom like tissue, etc. Only Asian hotel I have been to that has no extra toiletries except shampoo and conditioner. Was given only two towels, no washcloth or hand towel and one soap. The shower was grimy with grout somewhat moldy and gross. We had to change room because the one room smelled. I think there had been water damage.
The staff was nice. The breakfast was not very good and we got there at 10:10 and they hurried us out by 10:30 including turning out the lights. The draperies old and dirty and the carpet around the bed was dirty. Even the wood floor needs redoing. THIS HOTEL NEEDS UPDATING!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi Suki Hendricks W,

Thanks for your “hotel that needs updating” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

About your concerns please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall and inconvenience caused. I will share your concerns with our Front Office Manager, F&B Manager and Executive Housekeeper for their immediate attention as your feedback is important and certainly will assist us in continue to make improvements on our product, facilities and services to meet our guest expectations and enhance their experience.

Should you travel back to Kuching we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points, please contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com) so I may assist with your requirements and ensure your next stay with us is a pleasant.

Guest Experience Team

Travelers are raving about these Kuching hotels

sibu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

5 minutes from airport.
Quiet so sleep is great.
Rooms are larger than most business hotels. Same as with its bathroom.
Breakfast adequate worth many choices from continental to local.
Across from hotel are many Chinese restaurants for lunch and dinner. Also some convenient stores.
But no nightlife as outskirt of city. However taxis are cheap and metered or fixed rates. Ask first.
All in I recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
Hi Stanley o,

Thanks for your “Good if you are a one day visitor” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We truly delighted that you enjoyed and always pleasing and such an honor to hear such positive feedback especially from valuable guest like you. We are located strategically and easy access whether you are here for business or leisure and for sure I will share your kind compliments on our breakfast buffet lineup with the culinary teams.

Again thanks for your kind feedback and looking forward to welcome you back.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Big rooms and comfy bed. Near to food eatries if you dont want to order room service. Locationwise, far from town centre and abit inconvenient if you rely on taxi. Adequate parking and located near to airport. Breakfast was nice with lots good selection of asian/western food. Recommended for business purpose, but for sightseeing better choice to stay in town.

• Stayed January 2013
Hi eva865,

Thanks for your “Near to airport” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We are so delighted have your wonderful feedback and really appreciate taking the time to share it here. Glad that you had a great stay with us and our hotel facilities met your expectations.

Indeed we are well-located which is close to the transport hubs (Kuching International Airport & Kuching Sentral the Regional Bus Terminal), industrial area and shopping (The Spring Shopping Malls, Boulevard Hyper Malls, City One Mega Malls). Plus just right opposite our hotel there’s plenty of local food stalls available for grab.

We hope that your good impression of our hotel will bring you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, when you are next in Kuching.

Stockholm
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is, first and foremost, a hygienical catastrophe. The panels (in the room!) were dusty, as were literally every single area of the room. Even the electrical sockets were covered with dust. This is not only disgusting and unhealthy, it's also potentially dangerous. In the shower there was a distinct smell of mold. There were ants and other small creatures all over the room, and yet we stayed on the 9th floor. The location is not convinient for leisure travellers.

The service level was OK, but with one significant exception. Upon check-in, we were told that our room was 'not inclusive of breakfast'. Since we believed the kind receptionist, we bought our own breakfast from outside the hotel for the first two days. On the third day, after having breakfast in the hotel's restaurant, the staff looked surprised when we asked for the bill. We were then told by the cashier that 'breakfast is included in your room'. So apparently an employee of a quite highly regarded international hotel chain gave us misleading information that cost us at least 40$.

Well, we survived our stay. However, we don't want to imagine how the hotel will look in a couple of years. It already looks old after being poorly maintained and will be steadily declining, that's for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelCouple2014
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hi Sofie_and_Fredrik,

It‘s disappointing to know that we were unable to meet your expectations on your recent visits, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused which marred your stay experience with us. Your concerns especially on the room cleanliness and the room inclusions, I will highlight it with the related department heads for their immediate action and improvement.

Should you travel back to Kuching, we hope we can welcome you back to Four Points by Sheraton and please feel free contact me (Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com) so I may assist with your requirements and ensure your next stay with us is a pleasant and enjoyable one.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

One of the worst maintain hotel I ever stayed. Service was poor. Problem start when we check in. Check in time was 2pm, arrive at hotel at 2.30pm thought could check in straight away. But they say they were busy the room is not ready will take 45mins to get ready. Ask us to wait at the lobby and will call us when the room is ready. After an hour and 15 min wait when back to the reception to check the room is ready! The receptionist say it is ready 1/2 hour before. I told him what happen to let us know when the room is ready. And what piss me off is, the receptionist qoute when handling me the key card " because your wife is very particular I will give up 2 key card instead of one". So is that indicating my wife is annoying and giving something to shut her up? Is that what you call customer service?

And have to change 3 rooms. 1st room brown water was splashing out of the hole next to the toilet bowl. 2nd room shower room sink was stuck and water was overflowing to the room. Up grade up to a suite room. Even this have a problem. Aircon not working, luckily they manage to fix it after half a day. If not I would have ask for refund. All the room that I am in is dirty with dust on corner, marks on the floor and wall paper peeling off. Is this a 4 yrs hotel?

Had breakfast in the restaurant one morning, order poach egg at the counter and the chef say no more eggs when there is a notice saying order your eggs here. How can a hotel have no eggs? There is more that I have no time to mention.

Conclusion, will not stay in this hotel again or any four point. Problem with management, maintenance and staff.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Yik Choy L
FPSheratonKuching, Guest Experience Team at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi Yil Choy L,

Thanks for taking time and share with us your experience on your recent visit.

I am concerned to know that your stay with us was disappointing. Please accept my sincere apologies for the service lapses and inconvenience caused which marred your stay.

Please allow me to ditch out and investigate further on your concerns especially on the service delivery that you have encountered with our associate’s. Kindly share with me your confirmation number, room number and date of stay, please reach to me at Ivan.Chai@fourpoints.com. Hope to hear from you soon and I will share your concerns with the related departments head for their immediate attention as well.

Should you travel back to Kuching and allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Points by Sheraton, please feel free reach to me so I may assist with your accommodation arrangement.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I spent 2 nights there. The price was 185RM for single room including an excellent breakfast. Gym and swimming pool are nice. Staff is very friendly. Room big, clean and very pleasant.
Across the street from the hotel you will find lot of small restaurant and street food. Very good, clean, cheap and tasty ! So no need to eat at the hotel...
The hotel is a bit far from the city center, but close to the airport.
Overall, excellent value for money and very pleasant place where to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi Chris C,

Thanks for your “Excellent value for money” review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

We aim to provide Great Rates and Comfortable stay for our guests. It is motivated and pleased when we receive such favorable feedback from you, we are committed and continue work hard to deliver a great service to all our valuable guest.

Hope your nice impressions will bring you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching in future and we look forward to welcome you back.