“Near to airport, with a quiet ambience”

Century Kuching Hotel
Ranked #46 of 54 Hotels in Kuching
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Near to airport, with a quiet ambience”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

It is less than ten minutes drive from Kuching International
Airport. Hotel provides free shuttle service to and from airport. Good security system; loves the spacious bright room, especially the bathroom -which has a separate bathtub and shower area. Staff is overall very helpful and friendly, particularly at the concierge. There are several coffee shops, hawker stalls, and restaurants in front of the hotel. You can get local foods there for reasonable price. Plenty of grocery shops around the area too.

• Stayed July 2012
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Hi jercyng,

Thanks for your "near to the airport..." review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was happy to read that we have exceeded your expectations. Four Points is all about offering our guests Great Value and it looks like we have delivered. It was good to see at well that you liked our rooms and some of the shops around the area.

Please let us know when you next plan a trip to Kuching so that we can continue to look after you.

Paolo Campillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Checking in the hotel was a breeze. The hotel staff was efficient and courteous. The complimentary hotel shuttle service was an added benefit as we could travel to the city and to the nearby mall (newest and biggest) easily though with limited timing. The pool was great too though the water is a little cold. My daughter absolutely love the room as it was spacious. The Taiwanese restaurant just across the street from the hotel was an added value too as the food was good. Overall, it was an extremely pleasant trip. A special shout out to the following staff who made our stay so pleasant and memorable - Foster, Domz, the staff that sent and picked us up at the city on 18jul12 despite the heavy rain and bad traffic condition (sorry as we didn't catch his name on his tag) and not forgetting the wonderful housekeeping team! Thank you very much!

Note: Do bring along your brollies though as the weather was a little wet when we were there.

Room Tip: We had a double bed room at Level 9 and it was really spacious (and quiet too). My husband absolute...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hi Foong M,

Thanks for your "Excellent Service!" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was delighted to read that you experienced a great stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that our team went out of their way to make your stay special. I will definitely take the time to recognize them. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed some of the food across the road.

Should your travels take you back to Kuching, please let me know and I would be happy to share with you some of my favorite dining spots.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2012

When: Stayed here for 5 nights. Couple on holidays.

First Impressions: Very austere hotel. Quite big and plain. Greeted at the door by friendly staff and check-in was quick and efficient. Lobby is plain but functional.

Staff: Really great. Very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge who arranged fixed-price taxis for us for our day trips. They were excellent and a credit to the hotel.

Location: Close to the airport but far away from the city (about 20-25 mins drive) due to major roadworks. Taxis were reasonable enough at about MYR20 per trip. Hard to get a taxi back from the city sometimes.

Food: We only had breakfast here and they had a good selection of food (both western and local). I found a lot of the food to be slightly cool-cold so I went for the fresh cooked omelet on the last few days. They have fresh, home made yoghurt which is excellent! Coffee was pretty ordinary and came from a big urn, which also got cold as the morning went on. There's a coffee shop in the hotel if you want freshly made coffee.

Room: Room was big and bed was comfortable. Tea and coffee was supplied but only 2 coffees and 2 milk/creamer - not enough if you're in the room for a while. They supply 4 bottles of water each day which is very good. Aircon was good but it tended to blow into one section of the room and made that cold while the other part of the room remained warm.

Bathroom: Had a nice big bath. Major disappointment was the mould in the shower (room #955). The shower was excellent with great water pressure and very hot water.

Internet: Hopeless! There was wired and wireless available at a cost of $20 for 3 days. It was slow and unreliable so I ended up buying a SIM card for use with my wireless modem. I wanted to complain and get my money back but I forgot when it came time to check out.

Amenities: Supplied shampoo and conditioner as well as bubble bath. They didn't supply slippers and the floor was quite cold.

Other: Very nice pool (which we didn't use). They also had a gym there. They supply a free shuttle to the airport which we used on the way home. The shuttle also goes downtown but the times didn't suit us.

Summary - Good 4-star hotel. Some minor issues that could be sorted out easily - mostly with some proper cleaning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TonyB_au
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
HI TonyB_au,

Thanks for your "Good 4-star hotel" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was happy to read that overall you had a great stay. In particular, I was delighted that the hotel staff were able to exceed your expectations. The Four Points prides itself on delivering our branded service from heart and it looks like on this occasion we have delivered.

I have noted your comments for improvement and have shared them with our leadership team, this will assist us in our our ongoing process of improving the products and service we provide to our guests. On behalf of the Four Points team please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Should your travels take you back to Kuching, please let me know so that we can continue to look after you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Made online registration as a member of SPG prior traveling Kuching for meeting with partners and booked the standard room. Received an e-mail from the hotel 3 days before departure an offer to upgrade to Junior Suite with additional RM90.00, okaylah good offer and made my mine to take up the upgrade room with high speed Internet access, no charge. Heh heh heh...the Internet speed is rather slow than expected and consider very slow speed compared to the fast lane we usually have in KLCC.

No plan to go outside in the evening as I have more work to do to be online. Tried the nasi goreng at the Eatery but it has no taste with designer touched on the plate...heh heh heh.

Gone to bed early as the online speed is very slow but woke up early at 4AM as the room A/C fan blower unit is too noisy and unbearable.

Tried to be online, again the speed is like kura-kura! To my surprise, small ants had conquered my working space and all over the table.

Okaylah...continue sleep but woke up late at 7AM and missed my early morning prayer, rushing down stairs again to the Eatery for quick breakfast...heh heh heh as I had expected since having dinner...the food for breakfast had no taste except my favorite scramble eggs the chef had make it okaylah for me...heh heh heh...overall the foods are average.

Left the hotel and checked-out very fast with no memory that I can share with my family and friends back in KLCC. :(

Maybe so so to come back again to this hotel...heh heh heh!

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the Kuching International Airport rather than facing the shop lots - looks terri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
17 Thank BozAurora
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Hi BozAurora,

Thanks for your recent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was pleased to read that you like the location of the hotel. I have noted your additional comments with regard to internet speed. I will share your comments with our internet provider, our current bandwidth is the highest among the Kuching hotels and speed naturally is dependent upon the number of users.

Once again thanks for your feedback which will help us in our continuous improvement process.

Should your travels take you back to Kuching, please do not hesitate to contact me so we can look after you.

Singapore
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very comfortable, spacious and quiet rooms. Fitness centre is well-equipped.
I ordered room service margarita pizza and it was really good. Crust was just the right texture and thin and crispy!

Shuttle services were reliable, including to and from rainforest world music festival, which was much appreciated. Bus was a bit run-down, but it's ok for me as a cab ride there would cost more than 90MYR! The other shuttle service to Spring Mall and the City, departs 11am and 4pm. And there are many timings for the also complimentary airport shuttle service.

Service was excellent and usually prompt too.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank soapy23
, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
HI soapy23,

Thanks for your "Great package..." review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Rainforest World Music Festival 2012. The pizza Margherita is also my favorite and I will pass your comments onto the chef. More importantly it was great to read that the service was excellent.

Should you make plans to visit Kuching in the future, please let me know so we can continue to look after you.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had stayed in this hotel for 3 nights for family holiday and the rooms is very comfortable and spacious. Shower is good. Not forgetting the eatery, is good for breakfast and dinner.
The hotel is very near to the airport and we can even get their famous Ko lo mei nearby.
Very friendly staff and we really appreciate your patience and kindness.
It's a great hotel to put up.
Fullly recommended.

Room Tip: High floor and corner suites
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kl-sy
, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Hi kl-sy,

Thanks for your recent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

I was happy to read that we have exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your holiday experience in Sarawak. I was delighted to read in particular that that the staff were able to deliver on the Four Points style service from the heart. I will definitely share your comments with them.

Good to hear that you enjoyed some of the local cuisine as well. Please let me know when you plan your next trip to Kuching and I would be happy to share some of my favorite local dining spots.

Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great stay with a great service from the hotel. Room Service at tip top service. Called for room service around 1 am for dinner due to late flight and being served in short time. With the amount paid for the Hotel Room which is less than RM 200(breakfast included) but being treated like you staying in a five star hotel. Room was very clean and spacious. Toilet awesome. Although is near to the airport you hardly can hear any plane noises. Great hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hi Enthores,

Thanks for your "Great Experience..." review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was pleased to read that our Room Service department exceeded your expectations and that overall you had a great experience with us. The team works hard to get the basics right and it looks like we have done so.

At Four Points we strive to give you a great rooms at great value and looks like we have delivered.

Please let me know when you plan your next trip to Kuching so that we can continue to look after you.