“Good rate, Great stay”

Century Kuching Hotel
Ranked #46 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A convenient hotel within 5min from the airport. Comfortable, spacious room. Real hot water in the shower. Great price.
The hotel food however left much to desire.
Very friendly staff all around.
**special mention to staff Foster. Great help. Really appreciate the kindness.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Hi LawrenceHyh,

Thanks for your "Good rate, Great stay" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. I was happy to read that we have exceeded your expectations on your recent stay with us. I was also delighted to see that Foster went out of his way to make your stay special. I will definitely take the time to recognize him for his effort.

I have also noted your comments with regard to food , will share your feedback with the team.

Please let us know when you next plan your trip so we can continue to look after you.

There are newer reviews for Century Kuching Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2012

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in..

The rooms are big, clean and comfortable. I just wish I had the luxury of sleep as I went there for a meeting so I barely had time to enjoy the hotel. One thing I like about it is that its near the airport, so u wouldn't have to worry about missing a flight due to traffic jam...

I wish I can go back there again.. :)

Room Tip: pick a room overlooking the airport... its nice to see planes land and take off..:)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Hi elu_nidawi,

Thanks for your "Lavish" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

I was pleased to read that you were happy with your recent stay with us. In addition, you found the rooms clean and comfortable.

Please let me know when you plan your next trip to Kuching so we can look after you. Hopefully it is on leisure so that you will have time to enjoy the many wonderful things Sarawak has to offer.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed here for a night on a business trip. I usually stayed in the city centre, but decided to stay at Four Point as it was nearer to the company I was visiting, and my host would avoid the traffic congestion going into the city. The construction of a flyover is causing traffic congestion if you are heading to the city from the airport.

The room was really spacious, kingsize bed comfortable, the showers worked, and the LCD TV has good range of programs (news, movie and sports channels). Breakfast that was included was good, with big spread of choices. Did not use the gym and swimming pool, but they become useful if I were on a longer stay. Internet wifi access was free in the lobby area with plenty of comfortable lounge and sofas. Internet access in the room was chargeable, so I just subscribed to the data plan for a day from my telco service provider (on my smartphone). Much cheaper. You can buy prepaid data plan from Maxis, Celcom or Digi as well.

The hotel provided free shuttle to the airport. They ran on fixed schedule every hour, and you need to book a seat ahead of time. Taxi was readily available, just inform the concierge.

The shops in front of Four Point called RH Plaza has many places for food - from 24 hour food court to Chinese restaurants. Pubs and massage parlours should provide alternative entertainment. Try the grocery shop (left hand side as you walk out the hotel towards the shops) for beer that cost only 2.50 ringgit (Foster, Tsingtao).

Overall, if you don't need to be walking by the riverside or roaming China town, Four Point offers a comfortable stay at excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

HI kc-kl,

Thanks for your "Excellent value for business traveller" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was happy to read that you had a great stay with us and that we have exceeded your expectations. In addition, I was pleased to read that you liked the location of the hotel and our free airport shuttle.

Please drop me an email when you plan your next business trip to Kuching so that we can continue to take care of you.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Best hotel in Kucing and we stayed here during April 20 to 22 for 2 nights, for the second time with my child. The location is nearby the airport and the airport view is very very nice and watch planes. The room is superb big with all basic facilities. The bathroom is very very large and big tub and the shower is separate with over head rain shower with very good force. The amenities are very good quality.

we ordered dinner to the room itself and seems very cheap price and good quality. The separate swimming pool is good size for children to play and another one for adults.

Breakfast is having good collection of foods.

Hotel lobby is very large and nice. Taxi facilities can be booked at hotel lobby, which is good.

The other important thing about this hotel is they have nice and free shuttle service from airport and to the city. we need to keep the timings, can save at least 30 MYR per trip. Because from airport to the hotel is just 1 KM and the price is 30 MYR from the taxi service. Very bad.
so use the free shuttle services.

We recommend this hotel always.!

Room Tip: Book for 2 nights with breakfast to save money
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Hi Jeganarayanan,

Thanks for your "Best Hotel in Kuching at Budget Price" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was happy to read that we have consistently exceeded your expectations. The team works hard to deliver on our Great Rooms, Great Value promise and it looks like we have again delivered on this occasion.

Please let me know when you plan your next trip to Kuching so we can continue to look after you.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

staying in kuching city doesn't stop me from staying at this hotel. at the rate of rm180/night, i booked for 1 night of weekend rest in the hotel.
i was right, as i stayed there all the time did not waste the facilities provided. the room i got was extremely comfortable and quiet. unlike some other hotels where u can hear ppl next door flush the toilet.
near the airport, free shuttle to the malls, what more can u ask?

Room Tip: either side of the rooms offer good views - airport view or city view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank az412
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Hi az4112,

Thanks for your "Best hotel in Kuching City" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was very happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. The team works hard to get the basics right and it is good to be recognized when we have done so.

Please let us know when you plan your next visit so that we can continue to take care of you.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We were very happy when I first arrived at Sheraton Four Points. The clean, modern lines of our room and tub PLUS rain shower made us feel it had been worth springing for the hotel where my conference was being held, instead of going for something cheaper. There were lots of great little details, like the mountain of pillows, ceiling-to-floor-windows, electronics outlet hub, weighing scale & shaving mirror.The politeness and cheerfulness of the hotel employee who took our bags up had also set us in a good mood. He didn't just place our bags and leave but showed us where everything was and even told us that he'd be happy to help us with any problems during our stay. Alas, while we continued to be fully satisfied by the attentiveness of the hotel staff, there were other less pleasant things in store,

The first problem started when I decided to re-iron clothes for the conference. Soon, I noticed that the iron was not working well. In fact, it was downright terrifying. A ‘flickering’ sound (only way I can describe it) came from the socket where the iron was plugged in and then I noticed the wires were fraying, with tiny bits of copper wiring showing in places. Stupidly, I put on rubber slippers and continued ironing. However, when I realized that the water (for steam ironing) was dripping out of the wrong end of the iron, I came to my senses. Luckily, a call to housekeeping quickly got me a new iron and an apology, but for a “branded” hotel to leave such an iron in a guest room, when they had new ones at hand, is deplorable and this story could have had a much worse ending.

The next disappointment came when we tried to get those shuttle buses that the hotel highlights on its website. Since my spouse was not attending the conference and would need to be kept occupied, I had chosen Four Points despite its location away from the City Centre as it appeared that getting into town would be easy (and free). Well, there was another conference going on at the same time, and of course, such a large hotel could not be served by a tiny mini van (12 seats max?) making 3/4 trips a day. After finding out that the only other shuttle (4 pm) was fully booked and that we should book the shuttle a day in advance, we decided to book it for the next day. Apparently, the shuttle was already booked for all its trips for the next day. Hotel employees helped us get taxis (costing between RM23-25 one way). If expecting a high number of guests, the hotel should have increased the number of shuttle trips or rented another van (or two) to cope with the demand. Either that, or remove the text on its website that implies that shuttle service is freely available.

Like some other reviewers, I also had trouble with lukewarm water (9th floor room), which limited my enjoyment of the lovely rain shower and large tub. It’s hard to enjoy a shower, even in a great bathroom, if you're shivering.

Finally, having already washed my hair and trying to get warm after the poorly heated shower, I was shocked to find there was no hairdryer in my room. A call to housekeeping did not solve the problem. Apparently, there should have been a hairdryer in my closet (there wasn’t ). Even worse, there was no replacement available. Desperate not to be seen with a frizzy mop, I even enquired whether there were wall-mounted hair dryers in the swimming pool or gym locker rooms, and was willing to go there to use it. No such luck. Was forced to air dry and spend the next day with the ends of my hair sticking out in all directions. Fortunately, I had already presented my paper!

Still, I can’t say the hotel was terrible. Staff were really polite and helpful, and we were allowed to extend our check out until 2pm. Concierge also happily kept our bags for us until the conference ended. However, for that price, in what isn’t exactly a strategic location, I would have expected not to deal with such problems. If you have to be near the airport or somewhere near that area, love cold showers, don't blow dry and don’t smoke, this hotel is fine.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ayeshah S
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Hi Ayeshah S,

Thanks for your review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. I was happy to read that overall you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

In addition, I was delighted that the staff were happy & polite, and that you enjoyed our Four Points comfort bed!

I have also read your additional comments and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have shared you comments with the team so that we can continue to improve the product and service we deliver.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused, we are truly sorry for your bad hair day.

Should your travels take you back to Kuching, please do not hesitate to contact me so that we can make it up to you.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Arrived midnight from Kota Kinabalu and was dead tired from my travels. You need to insert your hotel key card to go to the floor of your room. When I stepped into the room, I was impressed with the immense large room. It was huge and so is the bathroom. There is also a weighing scale in the bathroom. The bed and pillows were luxuriously soft and comfy. It was a far cry from the Palace Hotel I stayed the previous night in Sabah.
I had no problems with the Internet access which the front desk staff told me to ignore the charges since my room rate is inclusive of it despite the comments of a recent reviewer.
The breakfast spread at the Eatery was good and so is the lunch buffet? The Eatery has a good view of the swimming pool. The only thing I want to comment was the waiter was so keen for me to finish my breakfast at 10.30 am that he cleared my food and cutlery while I was getting my coffee. I was surprised to find the food which I had just taken and cutlery gone when I returned to my table with my coffee.
I was a speaker at the conference and had a chance to use their conference facilities. The staff were attentive and resolved some audio issues I had with my lap top. Conference facilities was
good too.
I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. My only regret was not being able to enjoy the facilities. I will
come back again for a personal trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wanderlen
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Hi letitialen,

Thanks for your "Lovely hotel" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

The team woks hard to deliver on the Four Points style of uncomplicated service and it looks like we have delivered. I was happy to read that your enjoyed our Four Points Comfort Bed and that you enjoyed the breakfast. We currently have the widest bandwidth connection for any hotel in Kuching and I am glad you enjoyed easy access to the web.

I will have word with the service team who were to efficient during your meal. It is good to get the feedback because it is through this that we can continue to improve our service.

Kindly let us know when you plan your next trip to Kuching, so that we can continue to look after you.