We were on our way to Damai Beach Resort for a week but due to flight schedules and fixed time share check in times, it meant we had to grab overnight accommodation before going out to the resort. I booked with the lodge over the internet and found their responses prompt and helpful. It is reasonably priced considering it's location in a major city and right across from the waterfront.
We were due to meet my elderly mother at the lodge but our flight got cancelled and we could not get there until the next day. Worried about her, I rang the lodge and they confirmed she arrived and would look after her. In the evening one staff member accompanied her along the riverfront walk to a cafe where mum ate some sandwiches and had a cuppa. What great caring service, that was very much appreciated.
With regard to the rooms you get what you pay for. They are very basic no frills but nice and clean. The bathroom is a typical Asian 'wet bathroom' which means the toilet get wets when you have a shower. The rooms are airconditioned. The lodge is older in style and does not have any frills or facilities that you would get in a hotel. Having said that, its location in the heart of the riverfront area is terrific with two ritzy hotels just down the road (to give you some idea). The staff are very friendly and will give you any advice or help that they can. There is not a lot to see or do in Kuching, and not a lot of shopping, so if you were staying for a week in the city, I would recommend one of the resorts at Damai or the hotels down the road as they have a pool. Remember this is SE Asia and it can get pretty hot and muggy. There are local eateries everywhere. Kuching is a very safe and clean city and you are also pretty safe eating from any of the restaurants (just check out which ones the locals are frequenting). It's foodie's paradise if you like Asian food. The lodge is definitely recommended for short stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kuching Waterfront Lodge, refurbished with Colonial, Nyonya & Baba decor. Kuching Waterfront Lodge is located at Main Bazaar, one of the oldest & busiest streets in Kuching, where trading took place since a long time ago in the era of James Brooke (The White Rajah). Today, the Main Bazaar is still buzzing with people, entertainment & business activities, with traditional spices, antiques, jewelries shops and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Kuching Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuching Waterfront Hotel Kuching
- Kuching Waterfront Lodge Sarawak