Berambih Lodge
$40
  • Breakfast included
$64
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

$66
$36
Agoda.com
Basaga Holiday Residences(Kuching)(Great Value!)
$22
$85
$73
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $83/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 6, 2011

they have a nice decorated entrance, and common area. But I'm sort of a bit disappointed when i get to see the rooms, well, it is a decent room, but maybe the nicely decorated entrance made me expect more...

Room Tip: avoid the rooms near the toilet. paper thin walls,
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SiewFung
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The place was fine and the communal area was a nice touch but there where lots of biting insects around here, the room was also comfortable and fine for the price but I saw my only cockroach here in all my time in Borneo (not that I am fussy) so I have to rate it down for that.
The showers are fine and hot but I have to agree with previous reviews of really thin walls and some rooms share windows to let in light ( they have frosted glass) but there are lots of choices for somewhere to stay on the same street.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank daviddwilly
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed here 2 nights. Room was small but did the job. Beds comfy. Shared bathroom showers ok hot water all I needed and clean. Ac in the room. Downstairs nice traditional longhouse style communal area. A few mosis around though. Only issue was thin walls. Listening to drunks 'making love' at 4am is not a comfortable experience !

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Dwilea
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I ended up staying in Berambih Lodge for 14 days in Kuching, changing my mind from a protracted jaunt around Malaysian Borneo.
Why? Was it just too fabulous to leave? No, not really, but it was hotter than a skillet outside in September and the sky fell out in torrential downpour everyday at exactly 4 p.m.

After few days, I just decided to take little day or overnight excursion trips out, like to the Orang Preserve, to the Longhouse exhibition park, and a night at the Park at Bako.

I had booked a small dorm room, but there were no other dorm takers so they gave me a private room with shared bath for the same price.
The room was neat enough with sheets and AC, but the bath could have stood a little more cleaning. I cleaned it some days.
Downstairs is a kitchen and a very basic breakfast is included: tea bags and instant coffee, peanut butter and white bread.
There was, however, internet in my room , so I would refuge in there at the heat and rainy part of the day.

The location on the main street in Chinatown is perfect, and there are many restaurants and food stands everywhere.
Market streets and museum are an easy walk. See the authentically constructed longhouse inside the museum, complete with skulls swinging from the rafters.
It turned out to be a good base in Kuching and, since I like to stay somewhere long enough to feel what the everyday life is like, it served me well at an almost give away price.
Most people only stay one night coming or going from Kuching.

Room Tip: Blackmail the manager!
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank mexdoc
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Berambih has a nice longhouse style, where you can lay down and chill and watch some movies. The rooms are small, but clean.
The thing we liked the most here was the staff, who were very friendly and helpful, even after we checked out and asked if our backpacks could stay there for a day.
When we ever visit Kuching again, this will be our first option to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple