We stayed at Berambih Lodge for 4 nights at the beginning of April 2012. Initial thoughts was that the building has an authentic Sarawak feel to it with its long-house style.
- Its very affordable place for the budget traveler and is right in the heart of Kuching's China town, not far at all from the waterfront and bus station which is handy when planning excursions.
- Basic breakfast included.
- Water cooler in the Kitchen which guests can use.
- Towels provided.
- Showers and Toilet clean
- T.V. and DVD player in the lounge. Cable channels available. Great DVD collection.
- Friendly staff.
- Thin walls and creeky floor caused restless nights.
- AC was fine until the last night, made clanking sounds and worked infrequently.
- We discovered mice which were running around in the breakfast area, particularly where the ingredients were being stored.
- The back entrance is located next door to a garage which open early in the morning so another cause for lack of sleep.
- There seemed to be a curfew as staff wanted to sleep in lobby area we thought this was poor as there is no T.V. in the rooms. This is very annoying when you're half way through a film and are told to switch it off.
Like I said, this place is very affordable for the budget traveler and especially if you can sleep through noise. Unfortunately we are both light sleepers, we found that we were constantly tired throughout the day and got less done as a consequence. In the end we had to move to another hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Berambih Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berambih Hotel Kuching
- Berambih Lodge Kuching, Sarawak