“what a treat”

Riverside Food & Drink Hawker Stalls
Ranked #63 of 635 Restaurants in Kuching
Reviewed January 20, 2012

in front of the mosque in the main square near the bus terminal the fresh seafood hawker market sold some of the best food we had in Sarawak... cheap as long as make it clear you want one portion, if you don't make a point you mat get enough for the whole table.. try the crab or squid in Mango, honey and sambal ... superb treat

Reviewed December 15, 2011

We walked past during the day and most of them were closed. But at night, with all the fairy lights and people bustling around, it is transformed.

And the quality is great! We had barbecue and it was cooked to perfection. You know you are eating where they care when they ask you how you want your meat cooked :)

And it was - mine was medium rare, my partners medium and our friend's was well done.

Great value!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

There were varieties of food all along the riverside. Had a good dinner and the place has relaxed atmosphere. Sarawak locals love taking their kids for an evening walk here.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Walking along the esplanade all I could think of was something ice cold to drink .I can not remember a time I enjoyed a drink more.Every stall appeared to a very high standard of presentation and cleanliness and what beautiful surroundings in which to enjoy a drink.

Reviewed September 11, 2009

We caught a little sampan across the river and stumbled on this place on the edge of the kampung. It's a rickety little restaurant next to the dock. The garden is like a construction site and the hand painted sign is nailed to a tree. None of the tables and chairs match and you have to watch out for falling mangoes. But, the food is sensational and the charming owner(who apparently was previously a manager at Holiday Inn or somesuch) makes the most amazing fruit cocktails. We had a traditional Borneo stew cooked in bamboo over an open fire. It had chicken and lots of green vegetables and herbs from the forest. The flavours were subtle and intriguing and unlike anything I'd tasted before. He also wrapped some river fish in banana leaves and cooked them over the fire. The fish was fresh and tender. I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to go back and eat my way through the menu(not that there is one - the owner just tells you what's cooking!)

3  Thank nickyfremantle