“Top Spot - my favourite food court!”

Top Spot Food Court
Ranked #2 of 610 Restaurants in Kuching
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Top Spot is brilliant. There are 10-12 different food stalls on top of the car park. You can walk among them to see the different seafood on offer. When you choose a stall they will ask you to choose what dishes you want and how you would like them cooked. I suggest asking for recommendations as often the cooks and servers know best. The food is amazingly fresh and the prices low (by Western standards). Try the Midin, a local fern harvested in the jungle. Best food court ever!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,816)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Top Spot is a food court on top of a multi story car park just behind the hotel Pullman. It comprises perhaps 15 food stalls, mostly fish. (although there is a chicken place and a satay stall). You pick your stall; choose your fish/shell fish from the display and tell them how you want it prepared (and they will suggest as well...). 10 minutes later it is at your table. The range and quality of fresh fish is superb and it is beautifully cooked. Vegetables simply stir fried in a garlic sauce are also delicious. If you keep to "normal" fish ie no huge prawns; lobsters etc the prices are really cheap (eg 50RNG for a really good meal for two). It is not, however, an elegant setting!! Fabulous place... Best eating experience in Kuching by a mile.....

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Decide to go here because of all the great reviews.Our guide in Kuching told us that, while good,was a spot mostly visited by tourists and not the locals
I didn't see many people I would identify as tourists and the place was packed
I was advised to try stall #25 or ABC,I used 25
Ordering is easy,the order takers speak very good English and are very helpful
So many different kinds of seafood. I was advised by my guide to try the baby stingray and any kind of shrimp as all are impeccably fresh
I did order the stingray and then my eyes fell upon the lobsters
Well,lobster is a special occasion dish,usually very pricey,but i would thought i would ask about the price
I was blown away!!! A whole lobster was only 68 ringit- $21!! It was grilled in garlic butter sauce and was delectable.And that species of lobster is all tail.I have never had so much lobster on one plate.I valiantly struggled to finish it ;0)
My husband is not a big seafood fan.Not to worry.stall #25 does it all! He got black pepper chicken.Huge portion and probably one of the best single plates of chinese food I had ever tasted
The baby stingray was good,glad I tried it. Interesting texture -not quite like fish,but not like shellfish either
We rounded out the meal with stir fried veggies(my husband is picky and he got to choose which ones)and strir fried midin
All in all a great meal at a ridiculous price by US standards.

2  Thank judik
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The seafood was fresh, tasty and the price was reasonable. We had dinner in a group of 13 people. The atmosphere at the top of the roof of the building is amazing. Just take your pick at the stalls available there.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

If u do come to Kuching city, this place is a must in your trip plan.

Varieties of food..especially seafood lover..heaven for them..i used to come here since we were living here and stall no 33 is our usual choice..

One have to try "garlic or belacan midin", curry ambal, deep fried terubuk fish, butter prawn and a lot more...their oyster pancake is also quite a menu to choose at..

But, do come EARLY...as early as 6.30 pm (local time) to avoid congestion especially during weekend and school break holiday..