“Good Find.”

Ranked #83 of 608 Restaurants in Kuching
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have lived in Kuching for over a year,had never heard or visited here,until a local friend took myself & visiting family there,all in all,pretty good.

Food is tasty,& reasonably priced,from other reviews I have read,they mention poor service,no,never had a problem,& the owner spent some time with us.

I cant help thinking if MY restaurant was closer to the centre of Kuching,it would be packed every night,it is alittle off the beaten track for visitors.

1  Thank TravelFried

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Enough has been written about this place so I am just going to put in my ten cents' worth.

Ok, first of all, you will not miss this restaurant as its the only one located in the Samajaya Commercial Centre area. There are one or two other smaller eateries but they don't count really. This is to place to come for authentic German sausages and sauerkraut (and there are not that many place in Kuching for these, believe you me). Herr chef Walter is Austrian I believe ('coz er sprach Deutsch) assisted by his Sarawakian wife. Portions are generous and the place is spacious with a homey feel to it. For meat lovers, this is the place to come. Had the "Chop, chop, chop" which is a platter of meat - chicken, pork and bacon served with fries and fresh sauteed vegetables. The wild mushroom soup is GOOD. Other recommended dishes are the fish fillet and the good selection of steaks and deli-style sandwiches. What I appreciate is that attention is paid to small things e.g. the freshness of the veggies that accompany the steaks and meats. Many restaurants tend to overlook this, thinking that side dishes can be prepared in advanced. Not so with this place - the veggies actually look and taste good enough to be an menu item all on their own. Thumbs up to Herr Chef, who incidentally do quite a bit of the food preparation and cooking itself.

I feel that this is one restaurant that is set up because the chef looks to cook and not because he needs to earn a living. If western food is your thing and you have need of a place to get together with friends and stay a while longer after dinner to talk and munch some more, come to My Restaurant and I am sure you will be back again. I know I am. Check out the restaurant's blog though not updated: http://myrestaurantkuching.blogspot.com/

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The only thing this place has going for it is the mushroom soup. The service is non existent and the staff are sour faced and totally disinterested.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Went there the second time recently. The food was fantastically nice although the portion was smaller. Yet the ambiance was lovely just like having our family meal.
It's located a bit out of the town area and quite secluded. The chef was a french man and he was involved with the food preparation himself. Kudos to him.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular to this restaurant because of the delicious food and a friendly service. The price indicated as average price in Trip Advisor is grossly over estimated. An average cost per pax is at most USD10-15, and that is including drink, not USD100 as indicated. For a good western meal in Kuching, Sarawak at a most reasonable price, this is definitely the restaurant to go. You get excellent food but don't have to pay a high price for it.....

1  Thank ClarenceC41