“Excellent food, great bang for your buck!”
Review of My Restaurant

My Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 576 Restaurants in Kuching
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kuching, Malaysia
“Excellent food, great bang for your buck!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We came dressed down to test the premise of a previous reviewer that staff at My Restaurant would look down at "low class customers according to our attire".

I am pleased to announce that it just isn't true. So come dressed however you would like to!

We had the Devil's Belly with pan fried potatoes & vegetables. Truly one of Chef's best dishes. The pungency of belly fat was tempered with the spices used in the sauce. Truly a not to be missed experienced for those who love chilli.

The others at the table had the Mixed BBQ grill which had pretty much everything! Best part of it was that the pieces of meat were juicy, tasty and not dry at all. The coleslaw was fresh and the knives sharp enough to do their job.

Waiting staff however was the minus factor for this reviewer. They were friendly, courteous but had to be called a few times before they noticed we were calling them. They need to be properly attired and better training to make the overall dining experience truly pleasant.

Aside from that, My Restaurant gets both thumbs-up and an applause for making meat taste soooo nice.

1 Thank andeeyeo

Kuching, Malaysia
“A celebration of Pork!”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

It's a very simple simple place with practical deco, booths and table to fit families easily. Food portions are easily enough for two small eaters and they have a respectable wine list.

Sometimes they're understaffed but we've never had forgotten or overly slow food.

The mushroom soup is wonderful while the sauces are a delight.

• Visited December 2011
Malaysia
“One of the few restaurants which serves pork”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

If you like your meat, especially pork, this is the place to visit. It is however not in the city and quite tricky to visit if you do not have your own transport.

1 Thank Sushsi
Hove, United Kingdom
“huge portions great value”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

This place is near our home which is one of many good things about the place great food which is mainly pork and pork products such as bacon chops etc..also sausages which are the best this side of Europe.all the dishes my wife and I tasted are just great cooked to perfection by the chef who I believe owns the place you have a choice of veg and potatoes to go with your meal you must try his mushroom soup which is fantastic.
I had a glass of house red wine this again was good and also cheap at half the price of other restaurants in kuching his sweets include ice cream which tasted home-made but I forgot to ask if this is so but if not then its very good ,on the whole I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good hearty meal

2 Thank melp212
kuching
“fantastic- 2nd to none!”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

best porky restaurant in town. D Chef himself is the owner! Must try..there is a variety of pork dishes ...all yum

2 Thank Buree-Curee