“Value for money”

King Park Hotel Kota Kinabalu
Ranked #60 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We booked the standard room (RM128 per night). Hotel room, bed, shower and toilet are clean. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Located at KK town centre, about 10 min walking distance to Sunday market (Jalan Gaya).

Breakfast also not bad. Definitely will recommend this hotel to my friends.

P/s: Must try the fish noodle shop next to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Location:
Perfect convenient location for sightseeing, visiting the most attraction & places around.

Facilities:
Free Wi-Fi and internet but connection is poor or mostly not available, Aircondition,
Bathroom, showers etc. are clean.

Staff:
The staff is very friendly, well informed & really helpful.
English speaking staff.

Rooms:
Rooms are clean, normal beds

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The hotel room was clean but not huge. However, it had the same amenities that a neighboring hotel offered but King Park was about 30 MYR cheaper. I was given a room on the 12th floor which had a decent view. Further, the height of the room eliminated much of the street noise.

Breakfast was included in the room rate, but it was limited selection and crowded at the small buffet table. Staff was generally quite good although the young man on night reception was unkempt and somewhat impolite. Location is good as downtown KK is small. However, use caution crossing the main road near the hotel as there is no nearby crosswalk.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DiveXplorer
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Booked the hotel through Asia Travel which debited my credit card straight away. When I checked in the hotel I found that the room was small and the 'king size' bed could not accomodate me n my three children. So I asked for an extra bed which and was declined by the staff. So I asked to changed to a family room and I am willing to pay for the extra cost. The staff refered to his supervisor and again my request was declined as I booked my room through asia travel and they need to refer back to Asia travel. The next morning as there was no update from the hotel or Asia travel I asked if I could shorthen my 4 days stay there and of coz the hotel said I could not. Never booked your hotel through Asia Travel as if u wish to change or shorten your stay, your request would not be entertained as they already got your money.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Rozita M
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three days in July. We were actually pretty satisfied with the value-for-money experience and would consider staying here again if we were to visit KK again.
We had a standard room on the 12th floor with a nice view of the city and the ocean. Room was fairly clean and bath towels and toiletries were provided.
That said we were not very satisfied with the breakfast buffet nor the wifi-access from the room (had to sit by the door to catch the signal).

Room Tip: Stay at one of the highest floors for the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

CONS: Stay here for 1 night before depart to Mt. Kinabalu next day. No internet access in room and Restaurant level 1. The person in-charge try to resolve the issue but still having problem. We come back to stay here after 1 night at Mt. Kinabalu but the internet still having same problem. Asking the receptionist any internet cafe nearby, the receptionist not sure the place. The Hotel staff should give us any alternative for the internet issue.
PROS: The breakfast was good. I get room at 11th floor with City view. You can see the sunset and sea view from the room. The Hotel within walking distance to the dry seafood market, fresh fish market and Philippine Market.

Room Tip: Please get room high floor and facing to main road / sea view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We regret not knowing about King Park Hotel when we first reached Kota Kinabalu. Recommended by our resort, we decided to stay at King Park Hotel because of the affordable price they offer. It was only RM120 a night for the standard room. And because we only had to spend one night at Kota Kinabalu before flying back to Singapore, we decide to spend less then the first day we arrived.

I really recommend this hotel if you are looking for an average price per night not more then RM300 per night. The room is clean, simple & comfortable. Better then any other average 3star hotel I've stayed at before. Though the furniture and corridor looked a little old. ButI love how clean the room toilet is, even though the room we got was a little small.

Breakfast is included & they serve good breakfast. For the price that we paid for, it was all in all a good stay. Plus the location is easily accessible and convenient with a 24hrs KFC nearby. There is also Marry Brown just around the corner. Only a 15mins drive to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple