“A good seafood option in KK and very affordable”

Old farm City Park Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #496 of 722 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed July 8, 2015

This place is basically my family's go-to venue for seafood these days. Birthday? Old farm. Anniversary? Old farm. Seafood? Old farm. The seafood choices are aplenty, and goes easy on the wallet. Do try their coconut pudding, it's. lovely end to your meal.

Date of visit: December 2014
1  Thank ElenSun-Hi

Reviewed January 10, 2015

Live seafood! nicely door with a clean, reasonable comfortable setting. Visited twice, got a good deal on fish when near closing time. I would come back again.

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The staff at Old Farm was very helpful. They spoke great English and were very helpful in explaining dishes. The service was fast, the food was fresh and it was nice being able to sit outside.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Chance upon this place from a road side banner, they supply very fresh seafood prepared in Cantonese style. Flower crab coated with salted egg yolk paste was prepared at just the right combination. The open air setting also made it conducive to enjoy some evening breeze with a jug of beer. Good place to chill out at the end of the day.

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have read rave reviews about Old Farm. And around Kota Kinabalu, there are big signboards advertising low seafood prices (prawns at RM28 a kg). Don't believe them. My husband and I took 2 West Malaysian friends to Old Farm at City Park. We paid RM25 for a small plate of 5 pieces of prawns smothered in a version of Tthai chili sauce. With friends around, I could not make it an issue at the table. Later, when I complained at the counter, the boss lady said it was big prawns. I told her it was medium sized. Then she said it was deep sea. Come on, I live in Sabah. I know my prawns. A small plate of frittered squid cost RM20. I could get it at much less than that elsewhere. Kangkong belacan is RM16. Ridiculous. The taste of food is acceptable, but not cuisine standard. When I shared my experience with my girl friends, they told me Old Farm has a reputation for being expensive. Then I wondered why I have been reading all positive reviews on the internet, and no warnings about its high price. I will never go there again. I felt embarrassed at the poor portion offering with friends around, and it turned out to be an expensive meal

Date of visit: February 2014