“For cost conscious tourist only”
Review of The Beach Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kota Kinabalu
The Beach Lodge
Hatyai
“For cost conscious tourist only”
Reviewed November 4, 2009

As advitised: "airport pick-up if book 2 nigt stay". This is NOT true.

The lodge is located at 4th storey of a very old building with no maintainance..
Very bad odeour from 1st floor to 3rd floor of the building !

Water pressure is very weak. Toilet is not clean.

Kampong Air, a commercial area 1km away, is much cleaner. Many hotel available at RM70 ,

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank AlienAsia

Families
England
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We arrived in KK on a very late flight, having booked this accom. THEY NO LONGER DO AIRPORT PICK UP. The taxi desk gave us the wrong address on voucher. Went back for new voucher. The taxi driver didn't 'know' it, couldn't find it... then he did. A really smelly back alley entrance, four flights and a padlocked grill at the top. No answer. I emailed Abdul to apologise for our 'no show' (we went back to taxi's original mistaken destination - Borneo Beachouse, which was brilliant). I said I thought the taxi had made a mistake taking us to the 'back entrance'. Not so; he said they give the guests a key to the padlock, and if I had found it Scary (I was scared we had nowhere to sleep) "Hope before you book a hostel around the world, please look the location and comment or ask the owner situations of the lodge/guesthouse". We stayed in several budget hostels in Borneo and more in Cambodia. None were as unwelcoming from the outside as this one. It may be a miracle on the inside but I am not about to be padlocked in!

Stayed August 2009
1 Thank Silverfinch

Travelers are raving about these Kota Kinabalu hotels

Chicago
Reviewed November 2, 2007

The Hostel just basic and sample. But so clean inside or outside the room.

The price so cheap, is only RM 18.00 ( what do you get?
-free airport pick up from 10am till 9pm, air-con dorm, breakfast toast & coffee & tea 24hours, towel, bedsheet & blanket - even small for me)

The convenient place - supermarket, banks, food area - just all around. They are more central in town!

They also have Travel Agency please check the website:-
[--]

Many thanks to Mr. Abdul & Family
I will back some day!

• Liked — Central Location & Clean
  • Disliked — Stairs
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank ryan_levis
philippines
Reviewed June 15, 2007

Contacted the guesthouse directly cos I wanted to climb the mountain. Abdul gave me a price and promised me that I could do the mountain. So booked a return flight for four days in KK and reserved accom at the beach lodge and the climb with abdul's company.

Upon landing in KK, he told me that there was no room on the mountain and he couldn't guide me.

I was so angry about it, I had left my wife to do the climb, paid for an international flight and to be told it was off I was so upset.

Luckily I traveled the next day independently, took a bus to the mountain put my name on the waiting list and got a guide with a fellow indie traveller and did the mountain.

Got back to the beach lodge, very tired, slept in my air con room, woke up at 3am very hot and humid. They'd turned the aircon off!!! And there was no window or fan to open.

Unbelievable!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — broken promises
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank pukka_del_pilar
Liverpool
Reviewed October 5, 2006

Thank's Abdul & Wife!

Our stay like at home..we miss it!

Good Service - Free Airport pick up
Very Clean..Very Good Location for food, banks, superstore
See you again!

• Liked — clean, staff and location
  • Disliked — harbour
  • Tips/Secrets — email the lodge before check in