Kinabalu Daya Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Capital(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Tuaran Beach Resort(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Lucky 11 Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
Ang's Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Jesselton Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
High Street Inn(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Room Service
KK Suites Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
Hotel Garden(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsnoodleslocation is excellentbottled waterjesselton pointeasy accessbreakfast spreadshopping mallfilipino marketseafoodhairdryerwaterfrontrm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel is quite centrally located- near Signal Hill, the malls, Sunday market, night market and the small row of bars and clubs (Bed Club); thus it makes for a good, cheap stoppover in Kota Kinabalu.

The sleep quality is not brilliant, I found that the corridors were loud due to the walls not being very thick and people being very loud, but the bed itself was comfortable and the room (upgraded to the 27m2 room) was reasonable in size with a good bathroom. We had bottled water and a fridge.. According to my reservation we were supposed to have a microwave but I don't remember us having one!

Despite not having the best nights sleep, it suited us. The room was only £35gbp and we were out most of the night exploring the town and bars. Breakfast was included and again, given the rate we really can't complain- asian breakfast as well as toast, eggs (cooked in front of you) and tea!

We stayed here for one night and would recommend it, despite it not being anything special! Ask the helpful staff for a map and they'll point you in the right direction!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 6 088 240000.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

My sister and I stayed at Best Western on a one-night stopover. We chose it mostly for its location and it did not disappoint. It is right in the centre of the city and only a ten minute walk to the ferries and the islands off-shore. The room itself was well sized, but a bit dated with some very dark panelling. We stayed on a high level and our window was also obscured by some covering over the window. For the price, we thought the Best Western offered good value. Good for a stopover, but perhaps not for a longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Quite dissapointed as the hotel did not allow me to refund even i have informed them 1 and a half weeks earlier hmph. And didnt reply to my respond to rebook the room so i ended up paying but no booking....

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mark L
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Best Regard
Musyadi

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We are a family of 5, with 3 kids from 5 to 14. The hotel is close to shopping centers, in front of Wisma Merdeka, a block from Suria Sabah, also a block from the Sunday market on Gaya Street. There are many restaurants nearby; Little Italy, Syarikat Yu Kee and Old Town White Coffee, just to name a few we visited, are all within a block or two. We also liked the food court at Suria Sabah. The restaurant at the hotel has buffet breakfast. The food was fine, but it was very crowded. Our family was separated into 2 rooms, one with twin beds and the other with a double. The rate was reasonable. The rooms each were too small for all 5 of us to get together or to open a large suit case on the floor. When we were there, one of the 2 elevators were out of order, and everyone had to wait for the small and slow one that worked, including housekeepers with wagon full of linens. Part of the 10th floor was under maintenance construction, and the area was separated by a fluttering curtain, making non construction area dusty and noisy. Next time we visit K.K., I will at least try to look for a better deal.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed two nights at the Daya with a group of 26 people. For the price, the accommodations were decent enough. Lots of little issues with normal wear and tear and lack of upkeep, but overall it was clean (enough) with hot water. The best feature of the Daya was the hotel staff. They were very accommodating and friendly - always smiling and helpful. Breakfast was adequate. The mall across the street was very convenient with many massage venues, good for our after Mt. Kinabalu needs, foods stalls, and the best money exchange rate we found.

Room Tip: Floor nine seemed to be the most updated. One previous reviewing stated that higher rooms were better, but we found this untrue. We stayed on night on floor nine, which was very good, and the second night on floor 10, which was not nearly at good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends