“Great central location”

Kinabalu Daya Hotel
Ranked #54 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights only but it was very comfortable and clean. The central location was perfect for exploring the city and the bathroom was a good place to wash away the dirt of the previous weeks of travel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the lift or near the nightclub.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank josec s
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 6 088 240000.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

・It is convenient to move in the center.
・Staff is friendly
・Clean water around.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights before climbing Mount Kinabalu. Fantastic location, right next to Chinatown, great food (highly recommend 5 Star Hainanese Chicken and Party Play Lifestyle Cafe), markets, waterfront, shopping and only 15 mins taxi from the airport. The hotel is old and basic, smells like smoke even on the non-smoking floors and there was construction work literally right next to our room. The room was a bit run down but clean enough and air conditioned, we slept well. Make use of the good cheap food options near by rather than having the buffet breakfast, it was edible but not great. Stay here if you just need somewhere clean and cheap to crash within walking distance of the city attractions.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. The first day I checked in into my room , I was disgusted when I saw there were pubic hairs on the bathroom floor!!! I was utterly and totally disgusted, who would want to step on other people's pubic hair right?. For me,the housekeeping did not do a very clean job. As a person, for me hygiene is very important . I asked the receptionist if she could help me to check in my flight and she told me that I can do it by myself using the pc that they provided in the lobby. They charged me rm2 for using the pc for less than a minute and printing a piece of paper. When I asked the receptionist at the counter , I think her name is Connie, she whispered to her other colleague first then just told me how much is the price I have to pay . Looking by their actions, they were also not so sure and I feel cheated . I know rm2 is not much for some of you, but as a guest I don't like to be cheated. I think my first experience here didnt went so well. Even though this hotel is in a strategic location, I wouldn't want to stay in a hotel where the staffs make me feel like I've been cheated.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank sherla26
musyadi m, Front Office Manager at Kinabalu Daya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 6 088 240000.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a medium size hotel right within the city centre of Kota Kinabalu. However due to its location, at the side of the busy Pantai road finding a parking space is a big problem. Food outlets, banks and entertainment centres aré with in walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were here for 3 nights. The location of this hotel was great. However, there is no parking provided and we spend lots of time looking for car park space and terrible jam around. Room was clean but it's a bit old and refurbish shall be carried out soonest. TV in the room is rather old.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights at the beginning and in the middle of an Exodus tour. The great location was the only constant here. Our first couple nights were great. The room was clean and a decent size. The 2nd time we stayed the room was old, dingy, dirty, and tiny. Not sure if that was a reflection on the fact that the 2nd time was included in the tour or not. The staff was always super-friendly and the included breakfast was good. They always had a few Malaysian dishes as well as an egg and pancake bar. The location is really perfect. You are near the outdoor markets, shopping malls, and the jetty terminal if you want to take in an outlying island or two. Trying to compare a Best Western in Borneo to one in North America just isn't something that you should do. The standards are just not the same. I would recommend this hotel and stay in it again if I ever returned.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be the most recently renovated
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends