Borneo backpackers was recommended by a friend and had a good write up on hostelbookers web site. I was somewhat dissapointed as the dorm rooms had a distinct mouldy damp smell to them
The rooms have aircon and have a lot of beds for one room (10 bunk beds), shared bathrooms which are tiny.
There is a communal TV area and has one internet pc (Free).
There is better accommodation in KK as there are so many backpackers in this area.
The location of this backpackers in on a main roundabout which can be dangerous when leaving to cross the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of the city; Borneo Backpackers has already attracted the attention of discerning travellers from around the world. Some guests have already made return visits, and many more have vowed to return. While guests originally come for the facilities on offer, such as clean bathroom, toilets, pantry area, internet facility, cozy lounge area, roof garden deck, 24 hours security, and a tour information counter. They return for the service from our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable local staff. Rooms are all air con, from Dorms to Private rooms. Rates begin at $7 USD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Borneo Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borneo Backpackers Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Borneo Backpackers Kota Kinabalu, Sabah