- Decent WiFi, though it goes off occasionally
- A/C works great.
- Stayed 2 nights in two different bunks in the A/C mixed dorm. Both times the mattress/pillow/sheets smelled like old cat pee, unpleasant, to say the least.
- The "free breakfast" is somewhat of a joke: 2 slices of bread, jam, butter, tea or coffee.
- They promised me an airport pickup and left me there because my flight was delayed. Had to call them about it and they just told me I had to take a taxi there. Not very accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of the city; Borneo Backpackers has already attracted the attention of discerning travellers from around the world. Some guests have already made return visits, and many more have vowed to return. While guests originally come for the facilities on offer, such as clean bathroom, toilets, pantry area, internet facility, cozy lounge area, roof garden deck, 24 hours security, and a tour information counter. They return for the service from our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable local staff. Rooms are all air con, from Dorms to Private rooms. Rates begin at $7 USD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld and HotelQuickly so you can book your Borneo Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borneo Backpackers Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Borneo Backpackers Kota Kinabalu, Sabah