See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 11, 2009

My partner and I were very excited for our long awaited vacation to Malaysia and we kicked it off in Kota Kinabalu Park. We stayed at the Rose Cabin for 3 nights and it was an absolute pleasure. Even before we arrived, my correspondence with the Cabin was very warm and helpful. The rustic and cozy room was comfortable and the view from our balcony was breathtaking. The kitchen staff was very friendly and served delicious meals. I would recommend the Rose to solo travellers, partners and families. It's a welcoming place to make your stay in Borneo a little sweeter. Thanks, Rose!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pometraveler
Reviewed June 17, 2009

It is such a shame that this hotel has such sloppy cleanliness standards as the location is brilliant and the view of Mt Kinabalu from most rooms is unbelievable - but the blood marks/hair/stains on the bed sheets, trickling showers, dirty floor etc is a real disappointment. The restaurant food is pretty good and reasonable but our veges weren't washed properly - which was at least consistent with their general cleaning standards!
We weren't alone - we were part of a tour of 12 and all of us had grimy rooms. Also very noisy if you don't have considerate neighbours - some of our tour were woken early by guests in their adjoining room.
Overall - unfortunately I cannot recommend and hope you manage to find somewhere that takes a little more pride in it's offering.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank travelbugz76
Reviewed June 11, 2009

The room we had offered an excellent view towards Mt Kinabalu, but only in the morning as this would be the one and only time when the mountain is not entirely hidden behind clouds.
The room was priced RM 135 (without breakfast) but besides the nice view it was really not worth the money.
It was not clean at all and hair/dirt/dead insects etc were lying around.
The room does not have any aircon or fan in the room, it was completely clammy and also had a strange smell (which came especially from the blankets!) The towels were so old and thin that you could read a newspaper through them.
In total, I would definetly not recommend this place for a stay that goes beyond one night.
Even for this one night, you are probably better off to stay at one of the lodges within Kinabalu Park, as you get the same level but for a lower price.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bolli1207
Reviewed May 15, 2009

The hotel is in a great location for climbing Mt Kinibalu – a lot of groups like mine stay one night at the hotel, leave their bags at the hotel, climb the mountain over two days staying at the Laban Rata hostel and then return to the hotel.

The rooms are of a decent basic standard – get one at the rear to have a balcony and picture postcard view of the mountain. My bathroom was OK with plenty of hot water from a somewhat old instant gas heater.

The staff sometimes leave reception or the bar/café unattended, but can usually be found. They are friendly and helpful – the manager stopped to give me a lift back from the nearby village when he saw me on the road.

The food was good Chinese standard – and they also met a special request for more seafood!

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank sarissa
Reviewed January 23, 2009

I arrived at this place after spending a couple of chilly nights in an draughty hostel at Kinalbalu Park.
I love the friendliness of the place, the room was very pleasant with stunning views of Mt Kinabalu.
I just wished I had more time there

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank peaceofangkor