See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We wanted to stay outside the park for cost reasons in the night before starting the Mount Kinabalu climb and we liked it there.
The views of the mountain was fabulous from the balcony and the bed was nice and comfy. However, you cant be fussy if you sleep there as we had a cockroach in the bathroom and the bathroom as such was quite dated.
We were happy to have stayed there and breakfast and dinner next door was fine too!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JandS2004
Reviewed January 31, 2011

As the title says, I think this accommodation is a good choice when heading for, or coming from the National Park. The location is a 20 minutes walk from the park entrance (dangerous road and driving behaviours, so watch out). The place itself is like a asian style motel including restaurant and meeting rooms. It felt a bit rundown, but in a charming way.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vloepk
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We've been there twice, before and after climbing the mountain. First, we had a clean but basic room ( RM 150 incl.American breakf.) OK for 1 night. When we came back, the owner gave us a cozy room, in the right part of the building for the same price. Of course,the hotel was empty, and that's the reason. Those cozy rooms have a nice balcony from where you can admire the mountain ... if the weather allowed it.... A nice deal to avoid the kind of rip-off inside the park.... but but but ...maybe if you've your own transport ( we rent a car in KK for the length of staying RM 140/day) ).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank claudineBangkok
Reviewed December 1, 2010

The room I stayed in was old and dated; the bed, sheets and all. In general, I had a very uncomfortable stay. The lady behind the counter when I checked in late in the afternoon seriously needs to take a course in customer service or something in hospitality (lol). However, a different lady the next morning was more professional in the job (also more easier on the eyes ahem). The only plus side to this place was the spectacular view of the mountain.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank bondeo
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We arrived at around 9pm on a Saturday night in a rental car after an unexpected change of plans. Obviously it was dark when we arrived but the chill night air told us we were high in the mountains. We took a ‘superior/de-luxe’ room for about 170MYR, which was of a good size had wood flooring and was well decorated. It seemed very clean, though as I took a shower there was a large beatle lying on its back kicking its legs in the corner. I flicked it down the plug hole so couldn’t say whether it was a cockroach though the hotel did seem very clean so I would be surprised if this was the case.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night and both ordered sizzling beef, which had the texture and taste of a wellington boot and was quite expensive for Borneo.
The structure of the building our room was housed in was wood, and it seemed that the man in the next room was the worlds loudest snorer and those above were wearing wooden clown shoes. We therefore had a somewhat disturbed nights sleep but in the morning we awoke to a fantastic view of Mount Kinabalu from the balcony, which made some of the shortcomings worthwhile.

We decided to stay another night as we planned to do some walking at the mountain. The Superior room wasn’t available so we took a different room in another block for 120 MYR. This was smaller but again was clean and as it wasn’t in the wooden block was actually quieter, until the chamber maids began work the next morning. We decided against eating in the restaurant on this night and went to a nice place a couple of KMs down the road towards the village.

One thing which left a bit of a bad taste in the mouth was that on the first night we spent a fairly large amount on food and drinks and settled the bill that night. Apparently the waitress miscalculated the bill and I therefore paid 4MYR too little—this is about $1. When we were leaving the next day, the manageress stopped me and said I needed to clear the balance of my bill. Obviously I was confused about this, and was even more surprised when I realised the amount outstanding and that they’d decided to follow up on this!
In summary, the hotel is well situated close to the entrance to Kinabalu National Park and most rooms offer great mountain views. The hotel is clean and the rooms are OK, if a little noisy. In my opinion the restaurant is over priced and the food isn’t great (though thats based on one meal), but there are other options nearby if you have your own transport.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple