We stayed in the Le Meridien in February 2010. It's a bit old, but fine - clean, good service and great location. We were upgraded to a deluxe, which was huge! We had 2 TVs, a huge living room, 2 bathrooms. The best part of the upgrade was the club access - free buffet breakfast, cocktails & snacks in the club, which is located on the top floor and has a beautiful view of the ocean and islands. There is also a TV, small business center and lounge in the club.
It's a bit older than other Le Meridiens we've stayed at, but still nice and the low price made it a great value. Kota Kinabalu is pretty small so most things were within walking distance. As others have mentioned, the hotel is located across from one of the outdoor markets. The smell of the stalls and sea food market didn't bother us, and we found the location really good - short walk to the pier to catch a ferry to explore the nearby islands, and it was close to local restaurants and a mall.
The free wireless was nice and made it convenient for emails and other internet activities. The service was nice, everyone was polite and helpful with questions. The pool is a bit small and only gets sun in the afternoon, but that didn't bother us as we were more interested in the beaches on the nearby islands. There is also a small gym, which was convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Sabah