2,418 results
All reviewsnight marketspg memberthe club loungesea viewseafoodthe general managertour desklocal marketcentral locationwet marketthe south china seaan upgradebuffet breakfastdvd playerwater frontspacious roomlocal food
Reviewed December 14, 2008

I stayed at the Le Meridien and it is the best place to stay if you want to be in a central place. The Le Meridien is directly opposite the waterfront where all the famous restaurants are and clubs. Across the road are the Philipino night markets where you can buy local food including a wide variety of seafood for a minimal price. A decent meal at the markets should cost no more than 10 RM.

The service at the Le Meridien is superb. I have stayed in other hotels in KK and the Le Meridien has been the best so far. The staff are friendly and are always willing to assist you. The rooms are very comfortable and are very large. My advice is to try not to get rooms on the side where the club is because you will hear the music until about 2am.

Overall this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2008

We were in Kota Kinabalu for a trade show at 1Borneo and decided to spend extra time in Sabah. Le Meridien look a good place to stay and it was. The staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble, most guests were only there for a couple of nights but we stayed for 11 nights in total and so made friends with quite a number of them.
Our room was on the front of the hotel with views over the harbour and the islands, the sunsets are spectacular from here. The bathroom was a joy, spacious and well appointed with a separate walk in shower and the bedroom was also extremely comfortable.
Breakfast was of a very high standard with a good choice of food on the international buffet.
If you are looking to visit Sabah Kota Kinabalu is a good centre, you can fly over to Sepilok to see the Orang Utans or take a small boat to the islands for swimming and snorkeling, Le Meridien is close to lots of restaurants of all prices from market stalls selling freshly cooked seafood to the more upmarket ones along the boardwalk.
An excellent hotel in a fabulous location.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2008

We stayed at this hotel from 28.11.08 to 01.12.08. Very helpful and friendly staff. Lovely room and great location, opposite the night market and good for the ferries to the islands.

We had breakfast on all 3 days and ate in the hotel restaurant on 2 evenings for something special. There was an excellent choice of food at this buffet and nice for a special treat.

The room was big with nice facilities. We got a decent rate and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2008

We picked the hotel after reading all the good reviews from this website. We arrived at the hotel by car but nobody was there to greet us or helped us with our luggages. So we had to drag our bags to the reception and it seemed that nobody was there to monitor the arrival or departure of people from the main entrance.

The room was huge, no complaint there. Even the lift lobby area on each floor was big. The LCD tv was adequate although not so many channels to choose from. We requested for a twin beds and the bed didnt disspoint us. The bed was big enough to accomodate 2 persons. Nothing special about the furnishings, similar to any other hotels that we've been in. The room was adequately equipped with all the amenities you ever need in your day to day living. The bathroom is also larger from average.

If you are a city person and love shopping, this is the place you should be. Shopping areas are around the hotel so you dont need to worry about where to shop, and its even within walking distance which is a big bonus. If you are into handicraft then the local philippines market is just in front of the hotel. There are also small markets selling local delicacies if you care to test them. Nearby the hotel is a fish market, and on certain time, you can smell the fish ordour when you stand outside the lobby. You may not like the smell, i know i dont, but luckily the smell didnt go into the hotel.

I think the hotel has some problems with the walls, whether its too thin or other guests are just too loud. We could hear footsteps and in the morning we can hear people took their showers from the next room. And the door banged every time we closed it.

Its a good hotel overall, the location was good and the breakfast was excellent. So many and well balanced choices. But they need to work more on the staff attitute and helpfulness.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Lemongrass08
Reviewed November 26, 2008

Went there for business purposes. I stayed for 3 nights. I admit, the hotel is nice, the food is okay, the rooms are spacious. But there's only one thing...i lost a few things...they were not valuable things. More of something that you would not notice to be gone..in fact, i only realized they were gone when i got home. This got me really dissapointed, as I thought the hotel was a really great place. Actually, I just lost some of my hair products. But its not the value, its the principle... This is the first time I've stayed in a hotel and lost my stuff. That's why I'm really dissapointed. This time, i may just have lost some hair product. But what about next time?? I will really have to rethink whether to stay there again or not for my next visit...

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business