Hotel is at one end of the town and very close to centerpoint shopping mall, short cut to the mall and shops is via the back of the hotel from the LG floor. The mall also has quite a number of stores, food court, various cafes, restaurants all offer reasonable prices, food court food being the cheapest. There are also a number of local cafes nearby which we also tried which aren't too bad either. Breakfast at the hotel is very good, and we found the service from everyone at the hotel to be excellent. Pool is of a good size and never crowded, the seafood/market smell across the road can some time be a bit overpowering. Room is quite big in size, a twin bedded room can easily accommodate a family of 2 adults + 2 kids. One tip is to have a seaview room, we were lucky enough to be upgraded from city view to sea view. The sunset view is quite spectacular. Another tip is to request a room that does not have an interconnecting door to another room, sound proofing is quite poor. We did find a bit annoying hearing noisy kids and TV from the room next door in one of the night ( we stayed for 5 nights). Laundry can be done at a store at a lane way/mall right opposite the back of the hotel. It is roughly 15 or so shops down the lane/mall where the gold shop is. Costs is roughly 4-5 RM per KG, wash and folded and free delivery back to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Starwood APAC, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Sabah