The hotel is a main feature of the seafront, opposite the Phillipino market and the hawker stalls, neither of which is that great a draw. The lobby to the hotel gives the game a way at once, yet another hotel in Malaysia in need of refurbishment. Staff are helpful but the corridors smell dank and the smell of stale smoke on the non-smoking floors did not help the air of dank neglect. Room was nice and spacious but again the chips out of the fixtures gave a shabby feel to the place. Limited TV channels, chipped bathtub and ants trailing in from around the window frame.
Eating in for three nights presented a challenge, first time round opted for the steak restaurant, fancy prices for two very small pieces of snapper, not very wonderful either. Service was excellent though, the waitress? Arabic? was clearly very well trained and pleasant with it.
Next night a mutton curry that was nothing like any curry I had ever had before, most odd . Altogether not a place to eat in.
Will not go back if at all possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Sabah