We really enjoyed our stay at Le Meridien KK. It is one of the bigger hotels in KK. The service was great, and the staff were friendly and helpful (except for one waitress whom was very rude and not pleasant to guests - we didn't like her one bit!). Anyways, overall, a great stay and it's only about 20-30 minutes walk to Jesselton Point (where you set off to the nearby islands). The night market and the Fillipino Market is just across from the hotel (but beware of bugs and rats at night at these markets - we witnessed a few unwanted bodies. Eekk!).
Recommended hotel! :)
P.S. if budget is not a concern, then we'd suggest getting a room with the sea view rather than the cityview.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Sabah