A smart, modern and functional two year old hotel in the centre of Kota Kinabalu pretty well sums up this place, with the clientele being a mix of tourists and business people. Service is excellent, rooms are comfortable, complete with marble bathrooms and flat screen TV’s and otherwise well appointed. It sits directly opposite the fishing port and adjacent to the main hopping plaza and is less than a ten minute drive from the airport for which the standard 20 Rinngit charge (£3.20) applies. Outside it can be a bit smelly due to the port but this never ingresses into the hotel. The locals are amazingly friendly and I consider Kota Kinabalu to be very safe, subject to the usual precautions.
There are no outside facilities, i.e. pool, sunbeds etc, nor are there any in the vicinity which means that’s it’s not really a place to spend a holiday in its own right. It is however a great place to explore KK from and use as a stopover if you’re visiting Sandakan or Lahad Datu or are otherwise just spending a couple of nights here, and for those purposes I highly recommend it.
The Port View restaurant which sits almost opposite is outstanding and highly recommended if you have the opportunity; totally frequented by locals and only serves seafood which you pick from the various tanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Sabah