Tripadvisor
Kota Kinabalu
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews ceiling fan nice breakfast nice hotel comfortable stay swimming pool is hotel guests kk city free shuttle air conditioning shopping mall furniture agoda taxis pros grab borneo
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2020

Please do a thorough cleaning to the rooms. The shower gel, shampoo & soap were not refill on the second day. Initially upon checked in, only the shampoo were provided in the bathroom. Bath mat were not provided, thus making the floor slippery after shower.

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CCH_KK, Guest Relations Manager at Sabah Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear fatinismil,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay. We were sorry to hear about the lack of room amenities during your stay. Please note, that our room service manager has been made aware of your feedback and will be taking action.

Thanks again for your comments and we welcome you back for any future stays you may have in KK.

Regards, Sabah Oriental Team

Reviewed December 31, 2019

I checked in around 5pm that day, after puting our stuffs in the room we went out for dinner but before that my son was using the toilet and he told me that there's no towels in the toilet. I called housekeeping and asked for it. They said they will send it. After dinner we came back to the room and to my surprise there was still no towels sent. I called again. Same answer, they will send it. Waiting and waiting and waiting.. Still no towels.. It was already quite late in the evening, around 9pm if I'm not mistaken. Then....., I called again. Now they finally told me that there are out of towels. That the van carrying the towels is on the way sending the towels to the hotel. After I hung up I waited for a little while before they finally sent the towels with an apology. Smile... .

OK, the second thing that I'm not happy about is the fact that they allow their guests to use the swimming pool without a proper swimming attire. Maybe they "don't allow it" but, no one from the hotel took any initiative to tell them off when they saw a bunch of people in the pool with inappropriate attire.

I had my breakfast at the cafe at the ground floor and to me the food is very ordinary and just OK. But I like their pastries especially their sliced cakes. I bought few slices upon checking in at their lobby bar. I'm happy with the taste especially their chocolate cake. Simply delicious!

Last but not least, I like the warm hospitality by these two staffs at the cafe, Watie and Alina. I hope to see them again soon. The combination of their service and the tasty cakes makes me happy!

Trip type: Traveled with family
CCH_KK, Guest Relations Manager at Sabah Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Dear AniOsman7,

Thank you for leaving us your review here on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear you had such warm welcome from our staff at our café. Both Watie and Alina have been made aware of your comments as it always great to hear when our guests have good things to say about what we do.

It was also great to hear you enjoyed the food and our cakes! Recently we have been working even harder to make our dining experience something to remember, so thank you for your comments about the chocolate cake. The chef has also been made aware of your feedback and is pleased you enjoyed their creation.

We apologise for any inconvenience regarding room amenities, in this case, towels. We have had similar feedback from other guests and we are considering changing vendors in order to ensure this issue is fixed.

We do hope to welcome you back in the future the next time you need a hotel in KK.

Reviewed December 16, 2019

Though the hotel is old, the room looks ok. They provide very good breakfast, somehow there is no towel in the room, if you need it have to request from the hotel. Very good location and near to the shopping center IMAGO. Book a room through their website may be cheaper, most of the time if you book early, RM110 per night can be secured.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CCH_KK, Public Relations Manager at Sabah Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Dear steventeo2019,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast service. This is an area where have been trying very hard to improve and it is great to hear when our guests can see the differences. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed the location too, and yes, our website aims to always have the best deals. We also give our own direct website bookings the best rooms available so it's worth it to check us out first before booking on others websites.

We are sorry to hear about situation with the linens in the room. Your comments have been passed to the Facilities Manager for action. In fact, due to guest comments, we are considering a new vendor for this service.

Reviewed December 16, 2019

Bad or No Wifi, Good Breakfast. Near to Airport and Imago. Some area of the room need to be renovated, especially toilet. Need to have a wall plug around the working table. The door safety lock needs to replaced. Staff is friendly, but slow.

Dear T6100DQtraveller,

We appreciate you taking the time to write us your review of your stay. We take our guest comments seriously, so it was nice to hear you mostly enjoyed your stay. Our Wifi is something we are aware of, but it seems this is something that fluctuates across the city as well as the hotel. KK relies on services from the mainland which can sometimes be unpredictable. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and the location. Our rooms we are in the process of renovating so please feel free to come back for your next stay to see how else we have improved.

Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

We was here for 3 nights with Airasia package flight+hotel. The hotel was old 90s styled, furniture was dated, same goes for interior decoration. Our biggest letdown was the door lock, it was broken with a hole see thru, front desk promised maintainance to repair (WTF, repaire?) Which they never come and request for room change was not entertained

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank asmidar1971

Dear asmidar1971,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments for us regarding your recent stay. The views of our guests are very important and we take what you have to say very seriously.

You comments regarding the condition of the door have gone to the Facilities Manager for action. Can you tell us what room number you stayed in?

We are in the process of renovations and updates to the hotel are coming to make it more modern. In regards to your request to change rooms, we are sorry to hear we could not accommodate you. It may have been that we did not have a better room to offer you at the time.

For any future bookings, please let us know in advance of your stay and we will ensure you get the best room available at the time.