“Trickling hot springs”

Book In Advance
More Info
$94.78*
and up
Kinabalu Park Canopy Walkway and Poring Hot...
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I discovered that "poring" is the name of the giant bamboo species that grows there - definitely NOT to be confused with the rate that the water comes out of the taps in the plunge pools. Be prepared to wait an hour if you want water deep enough to plunge any part of your anatomy! We were all dressed up in our swimming costumes ready for a therapeutic plunge but we ended up abandoning the procedure after about 15 minutes when the water could just about bathe the soles of our feet! I think the other thing that I found somewhat alarming is that the guides and books enthuse about the benefits of these springs in curing terrible skin conditions - and then they invite you to hop into a tub that someone has not long jumped out of! I know that a lot of skin conditions are not at all contagious - but hey - some are! An antiseptic spray bottle to wipe down the tub would be welcome guys! We didn't go for the private rooms - they may have walls but I don't think there is any guarantee that they are cleaned between customers either, and to my mind someone with a terrible disfiguring skin condition would be more likely to have used the private baths. Well, enough of my neuroticism. It was vaguely interesting, and fun to be a part of the experience in the public tubs, but not a great attraction for me (or the kids).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"accommodation"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The place is quite far away from my hotel. Almost an hour drive. Once arrive, you need to pay an entrance fees..I think about RM2 per person.

But the entrance you paid is for you to used open air hot water ..it's actually looks like natural hot water.but they build like a tub for you to used.

If you are a shy person, this is not a place for you. But still can bath in indoor room, costing another RM15.

Overal experience, my 2 years old son like it ..

Reviewed May 30, 2013

It is a funny place of Kota Kinabalu, actually located in Poring which is quite far away from the town. If you are traveling in the Kinabalu National Park and have few hour left. You can try the hot spring in Poring too.(It is free for people who have the ticket of the Kinabalu National Park.

Since It is really cheap, there are no fancy design and not that clean. However, You are able to find some drink and locker in there, it is quite convenience but the water come very slow, it takes almost 45 mins to fill the water. Don't try it if you do not have enough time.

1  Thank DaneChan
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place at the village of Poring has it all in one spot: Next to the bathtubs with the volcanic water, there's a shaky and high canopy walk (not for the sqeamish), a butterfly and bats sanctuary, and some more.
Usually Poring is combined with a trip to Kinabalu Nat. Park.

1  Thank benti99
See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Due to the extreme cloud over KK Mountain, our guides suggested we visit Poring Springs first, have lunch and see KK on the return journey. Good idea as there is no way myself or my partner would have been able to manage the hard, hilly, hot climb up to the canopy after eating. Brochures advertise what looks like a pleasant walk on wooden walkways but this is not the case. The reality being they ask you if you have a heart condition or are scared of heights when you get there!! Be warned, this hike is not for the faint hearted. Having done two jungle treks, we still found this extremely arduous but the views 40m above the canopy were well worth the effort. Breathtaking..The rope bridges may not suit all so you really do need a head for heights. We didn't bother with the hot springs - it was already 35 degrees so didn't really feel the need to plunge ourselves into hotter water!! However, once down and a few minutes drive away we were lucky enough to see the Rafflesia flower in bloom. A wonderful moment as the world's largest flower only blooms for one week each year so perfect timing. Definitely a 'wow' moment...And yes, we did get to see KK as the clouds had cleared slightly on the return journey.

1  Thank Suz1963