“Good food at reasonable price”

Nagisa Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #192 of 627 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The only Japanese Restaurant in a five-star hotel in the city, Nagisa's reputation for quality food and exceptional service is well-deserved.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Very friendly greeting at this restaurant. Had an unagi set and agedashi tofu. Agedashi tofu is what I order worldwide as a comparator. On this occasion it was very good as was the eel set. Prices were considerably lower than Australia but quality just the same. Attendants were very helpful

Will probably return this trip

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Top japanase fresh food at a reasonnable price at the KK Hyatt. The service is top, and the food delicious....

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Prior I proceed with my review, please allow me to highlight that (if I'm not mistaken) review from Frank8789 below is meant for another Japanese restaurant located near to HSBC bank, Nagasaki.

Dined in Nagisa Restaurant, a restaurant inside Hyatt Hotel for a friend's birthday celebration. Was really excited at the beginning as I believe the food at Nagisa must be great being a 5-star hotel restaurant. The atmoshphere was okay, but lights were too dim, could hardly take any good photos.

The food was averagely fine but not really up to standard though. The best dish we ordered was the fresh salmon, other dishes like tempura, ungi, teppanyaki chicken were not so delicious. The servers were not attentive enough, it was even difficult to request for ocha refill. In addition, we realised that it was odd that some guests were provided with cold towels prior placing order while we did not get such treatment!

I enjoy Japanese food and do not mind paying a higher price for a good Japanese food. Anyways, the expensive food we paid for just not worth the price.

2  Thank Reviewer-Starry
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Coming to Nagisa Japanese restaurant was all unplanned & i didn't have any idea how i happen to step my foot here. After paying my bills, my friend and i feeling hungry and we directly pointed at Nagisa because it was within a 1 minute walk from HSBC Bank Kota Kinabalu.

The interior was simply Japanese & simple looking but with elegant decor. We chose a set lunch. To my surprise it was really cheap and reasonable in terms of pricing. I chose the Tepanyaki chicken set lunch. The chicken is moist with gravy. While my friend choose fish for his set lunch. We all agree one thing, that this Japanese Restaurant is well pay for a second visit. By the way this restaurant did play a 70's japanese soft music to lighten up the atmosphere. You will never be dissapointed. The meal is so good. Plus the Green tea icecream is to die for. Love it.

Set Lunch = RM16.00 & Set Dinner = RM25.00

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had dinner here while on holiday in kk and although there was nothing particularly bad about the meal or service, at the same time nothing to warrant the prices charged.