- Excellent rooms (impressive at the price!!) with great amenities incl good wifi. The hotel is quite recent and the rooms look very nice (for this price range).
- Competent staff
What didn't work:
- Location: Other hotels were at a walking distance from the pier / sights. You needed a taxi to go anywhere. Even to find it originally was a bit of a challenge on arrival (at night 2100 hours).
- Taxi prices: Now taxi prices anywhere in KK are generally ridiculous (i.e starting at 15 RM for a small distance). This adds costs. Further, the staff was clueless - they advised us to pay 30RM for a taxi to the airport (u dont find them around the hotel easily), for about 5 mins of driving distance (at 60-80 kph). Needless to say, the taxi advise really pissed us off.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oceania Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceania Hotel Kota Kinabalu, Sabah