Bombers Burger
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 20, 2013

After looking forward to visiting here I was really disappointed when I left.
Ordered a BBQ burger (can't remember the actual name) with fries and a lemonade. Asked for medium done because that generally implies a bit pink in the middle. My burger came out raw with only the surface cooked through and very little flavour, and the cheese was the plastic-processed cheap style without flavour. I expected to get a cooked patty with a good flame-grilled American style burger with fresh cheese. The lemonade was fine (homemade style) but would have ordered a milkshake if they were so pricey. The service was friendly and resonable speed. I can see this place is definitely going for the 'alternative' style but not sure the music needs to be quite so loud. I have to say that there are better places such as Broolklyn in 1Borneo Mall.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have mixed feelings about that place.
Good burgers but very greasy.
Heave metal, punk music.
doing eggs in 10-12 ways
my eggs were done as i wanted only once (out of 3)
bacon was served with fruit as it was delivered to the restaurant while we had our eggs and toasts
hash brown and sausage were not available once (our of 3)
fresh fruit mixed up wth french toast
few mix ups but food was fresh and quite testy

1  Thank A1983Manchester
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had been looking forward to coming to Bomber's for quite a while. My wife and I actually went on two different occasions but the place was full and couldn't get a seat. That's definitely good for the business but that turns some people off because they don't want the hassle of waiting for a meal. But you can't fault them for that. People want to eat there.

My wife and I finally went during the lunch hour and it was less packed and we got a seat easily. The servers were quite friendly. I ordered the classic American burger and my wife got the Miami (?) dog. My burger was OK, it had a strong onion taste inside the meat and was a bit bland. And I got two different pieces of gristle in the burger so I think they're using a low quality meat. They are advertising Australian beef but to me that seems funny when it's an "American" restaurant. The price was quite cheap though for RM8 but I found out why it was so cheap--it's just the burger. Nor fries or sides. So, it had OK flavor but the gristle made it bad. And they don't toast their buns so the whole thing falls apart halfway through eating. They seem to follow the Malaysian style of making burgers where they put TONS of sauce and stuff and make it really difficult to eat without a knife and fork.

My wife had the hot dog. At first, I nearly called the waiter over because even after taking two bites of the hot dog, we didn't think there was a dog inside! We literally had to take apart the whole thing and we found a really tiny hot dog inside, one like you find in the supermarket. All the toppings were quite tasty but the dog needs major improvement.

On a separate occasion, I went alone for breakfast before going to the office. I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak w/ eggs and a coffee. Five minutes after placing my order, the waiter came back to tell me the coffee wouldn't be ready for quite a while. That seemed quite odd to me at breakfast time the coffee wouldn't be ready, especially since it was 815am already. So, I just asked for ice water. Was then informed they didn't have any ice. Again, frustrating. So I just asked for warm water and he politely apologized and left. FIFTEEN minutes later, while I'm quite hungry and still waiting for my food, the waiter comes back again to tell me that I cannot have the Chicken Fried Steak because it's still frozen. By this time it's 830am and I need to leave for the office already. I cancelled my order and went to work hungry.

The place has a nice environment but that seems to be it's only draw. They are going more for environment than decent food or service. It's quite a shame because I was really looking forward to this place after the many months of promotion they did. And I was really looking forward to a proper burger and American breakfast. SIGH, it seems like I still have to wait.

1  Thank oldirtybuff
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Staff were really good and they tried to create atmosphere which was all good. The place was packed and people were waiting. Unfortunately the food did not match. I never send food back as a rule, but i asked for a well done burger and it came out practically raw, so i asked for it to be cooked some more. It came back cooked a little better on the outside, but still raw in the middle. The taste was also quite bland. Prices are good and the menu sounds good but we did not have a good experience.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you've had good burgers before, don't waste your money here. The burgers are big and cheap and they don't look half bad... but once you bite into it you will be regretting it. The meat was chewy and just awful. I would rather just go to McDonald's, at least I'll spend $2 for a whole meal.

Save your money and go visit some of the busy chinese restaurants. They're busy for a reason.