“Great Day on the water”

Borneo Boats and Beaches - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Borneo Boats and Beaches..... offer private boat charters, snorkelling safaris, romantic sunset cruises and personalised boat trips out of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. With a choice of 5 nearby tropical islands, part of a Marine Park in the South China Sea, you can enjoy great day trips, island hopping cruises, swimming in clear waters, coral reefs teaming with colourful tropical fish and occasional turtles. Excellent snorkelling, beautiful white sandy beaches, water villages, amazing sunsets and more. We are used to instructing and "buddying" first-timers of all ages from kids to grandparents. For our more experienced and independent snorkellers, we'll take you to the very best sites for you to find the most beautiful coral and marine life and give you as much time as you want in the water. Get away from the crowds and experience the feeling that this is 'your boat' for the day. With the help and advice of our experienced 3-man crew you can decide exactly where you want to go, how long you want to stay and what you want to do.
Shanghai, China
3 attraction reviews
“Great Day on the water”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Great day with a Private Charter. We were able to have the boat to ourselves, go where we wanted when we wanted. Jonathan and his crew made everything very laid back, flexible, and safe for the kids. Enjoyed snorkeling, cruising around the islands and a great lunch in a cove.

Visited March 2014

Kathmandu, Nepal
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“What a great time”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I read a lot about Jonathan but I didn't believe until I met him (kidding, i did believe). Anyways, it was exactly like he mentioned, we had a marvelous time. I was with my mom, dad and my 2 sisters. We had wonderful time snorkeling and we did get jellyfish sting, though Jonathan did have vinegar with him lol :). We did sea walking and it was great.
Basically me, my big sister and my dad snorkeled whereas, my small sister wasn't good enough and my mom didn't do it.

Food is exactly same as you see in the website.

Anyways, if you wanna have a peaceful time and want to spend really nice time then, Jonathan is the man.

Once again Thank-you Jonathan.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank metalaarif
Manchester, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Wonderful day out”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We booked our day on Jonathan's boat a good 6 months in advance based purely on the trip advisor reviews - and we weren't disappointed. We had the best day!
We got to Jessleton Point way too early - but it was a fascinating place to people watch, and much busier than we expected.
Jonathan met us at 9 am - we have three boys (9, 12 and 14) and the trip was a Christmas present for them. None of us had snorkelled before and I almost gave it a miss - I'm so glad I didn't! I can't usually open my eyes under water and always have to hold my nose - so the first time I put my head under was magical. I couldn't believe how amazing it was - so many fish and all so colourful.

Jonathan gave us really clear instruction and it was much easier than I thought. We snorkelled in a couple of places around the islands and each time was completely different. The coral was beautiful (and sharp!)

After the busyness of the port I expected to see lots of people around but Jonathan took us to nice quiet areas. One of his boat boys came into the water with us and was very patient with our youngest who couldn't get his mask to seal. It was also reassuring to know that they were all looking out for us - so we could relax knowing we were all safe.

We visited a deserted island with interesting history, then stopped for delicious lunch with cold drinks. The boys decided to spend Granny's holiday spending money on some kayaking and really enjoyed it. We were able to use Jonathan's underwater camera and just paid for the SD card (which we then took home).

Jonathan looked after us really well - making fresh coffee and hot chocolate and biscuits. The monkeys didn't show their faces but we saw a Monitor lizard and huge Hornbill.

Before returning to KK we sailed by the water village.

None of us wanted the day to end - and all three boys slept all the way back to the hotel!

Thank you Jonathan, Midz and Risal - our day with you was a highlight of our Borneo adventure. We've already recommended you to friends in Brunei - you so deserve your wonderful reviews.

If we ever visit KK again we'll be back for another day
fee and boys x

Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing day out on the water”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Thank you Jonathan for an amazing experience on the water. Our family of 4 (incl 9 & 6 year olds) loved every minute of it. We were so lucky to see a 'National Geographic moment' - a huge monitor lizard with a baby macaque monkey, while the tribe of 20+ monkeys rallied around to try and save it. Unbelievable!
Jonathan's communication about the trip was excellent - our 9yo had broken his collarbone a week before and Jonathan had arranged for a kayak to transport him around by one of his deckhands. It wasn't required however very reassuring to have. We stayed in one of Jonathan's apartments which was great family accommodation.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank AndrewLouise
Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A massive highlight from my time in Borneo”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Professional, entertaining, clean and safe.
I loved the team and their knowledge of the area was exceptional. Highly recommend it.

Visited January 2014