“Poor service, average room”
Review of Goldenhill Hotel

Goldenhill Hotel
Ranked #17 of 80 Kota Kinabalu B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Poor service, average room”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

RM 98 / night for a queen bedroom. They promised to pick me up at Kota Kinabalu International Airport AirAsia Terminal by 10PM. But they only be there by 10.30PM, after I made a 2nd and 3rd follow up call. For info, the hotel just less 5 minutes from Terminal 2.

The reception service inefficient. Carol, the reception lady wrongly give my room to other guest. Hotel staff need to ask that guest to return back room key and give it to me.

Then I proceed to my room. A chinese staff that pick me up at airport help me carry my luggage since Goldenhill got no lift.

My room 206, just an average room in term of space, cleanliness and amenities. 2 complimentary bottled water, LCD tv with in movie channel, bathroom slippers and good AC. Queen bed is comfortable enough.

However, water heater totally not working. Water really cold.

Then, almost midnight, receptionist call me and said that they wrongly give balance money to me. She give me calls twice, insist me to go to reception and give the balance money to her. What a terrible service.

Check out process is fast. The reception is nice and help me to call taxi.
However the taxi driver ask for unreasonable fare, RM 40 for a a ride less than 15 minutes to Kota Kinabalu city??

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rezzqi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Malaysia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Within walking distance of KK airport. Really friendly staff. We paid RM115 for one night/three people (Family Room), which we considered a great price for a room with all the basics: in-room shower & toilet. Fantastically comfortable bed and no extra charge for free shuttle services from or to aiport eventhough at mindnight.

Would definitely recommend and stay again!

Friendly reminder: The hotel is with second floors and without lift (Almost other hotel nearby there also without lift). You can put your luggage in the luggage room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Camenlic
Travelers also viewed these Kota Kinabalu hotels
Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera)
The Crown Borneo Hotel
#6 of 92 in Kota Kinabalu
Hotel Sixty3
Hotel Sixty3
#1 of 92 in Kota Kinabalu

Been to Goldenhill Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Goldenhill Hotel

Property: Goldenhill Hotel
Address: Lot 10 Jalan Pinang, Kota Kinabalu 88100, Malaysia
Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #17 of 80 B&Bs / Inns in Kota Kinabalu
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Goldenhill Hotel 2.5*
Goldenhill Hotel Sabah is a brand new boutique style hotel at tg ARU, KK,Sabah. We offer comfortable and stylist renovated rooms at an affordable rate. Our strategic location, walking distance to the famous TG Aru Beach and 2 minutes from kk international Airport Terminal 2 makes us your perfect choice of hotel selection. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Goldenhill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Goldenhill Hotel Kota Kinabalu, Sabah