Booked through Travelbag who were fantastic and gave us a great deal.
When we arrived at Nexus we were greeted with a chilled wet towel and were checked in within just a few minutes. We were then wisked off in a buggy to our room.
The room was beautiful and I couldn't find a fault with it. We had a garden view over a lake and were on the ground floor which just went straight out onto the garden. Even though borneo has a lot of bugs we very rarely got any in our room or even on our terrace. The bed and bathroom were massive.
Little extras which made it 5 star for me were : face cloths, dressing gowns, slippers & flipflops, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, orchids in the room.
The resort itself is huge but personally we didn't mind the 3 minute walk to the main building. There is much wildlife around the park including some rather large Monitor Lizards who regularly get fed by guests, ducks and many birds.
The staff were all fantastic and so friendly. We were made to feel very special and welcome. We can recommend the dim sum for lunch at Nobel House. Also loved cocktails at happy hour at the sunset bar. Beer can be expensive but the happy hours are cool. Happy Hour is from 5-7 but it goes on until 9pm in Darling Darling.
Things to do:
* The lagoon park was fun but beware of the mossies!
* We also hired a car for a few days which possibly wasn't cost effective but we had such great fun exploring Sabah. Roads and signs are good.
* Visited Shangri La, Rasa Ria to see the orangutans which I loved. Take long trousers and bug spray.
* Took the bus to KK. Exciting and good for stocking up on a few essentials but it was nice to get back to the peace and quite of Nexus.
Negatives: Buffets are quite expensive, ask for the menu even if they say they don't have one. Buffet at the Kingfisher was 85RM when a three course meal from the menu would only cost about 45RM.
Other serious Negative was Nobel House sold Shark Fin. I wont go into it here but if you want to read further about Shark Finning please read... [---]
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nexus Resort Karambunai is set within 3,335 acres of unique & unspoiled beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nexus Resort And Spa Karambunai
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Karambunai
- Nexus Resort Sabah
- Nexus Resort Karambunai
- Nexus Sabah Hotel
- Nexus Karambunai Hotel
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Kota Kinabalu, Sabah