We had reserved our stay in Nexus last July and became a bit concerned considering the reviews published thereafter. After a bit of discussion with the travel agency we went ahead with our plans.
We stayed with our three sons in Nexus Spa Suites last week, and the family holiday was really lovely. Our suite seemed to be recently renovated and was really nice (except that one of the AC remotes went dead due to batteries). The beach is lovely (except for the occasional trash brought in by the tide), and the pool areas are ok. The restaurants are ok, and service in general was good.
For us it was a great vacation, enjoying the sea & waves, and playing in the pools (hopefully not disturbing other guests while playing touch football in the pool).
But as written in the other reviews, the resort requires more repairs, better maintenance and investment in recreational facilities and equipment - however, that didn't affect our experience significantly, possibly because of our accommodation in the suites. So can't comment the main resort or the villas. We will inform the travel agency of the same as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nexus Resort Karambunai is set within 3,335 acres of unique & unspoiled beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Resort And Spa Karambunai
- Nexus Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Nexus Hotel Karambunai
- Nexus Resort Sabah
- Nexus Resort Karambunai
- Nexus Sabah Hotel
- Nexus Karambunai Hotel
- Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai Kota Kinabalu, Sabah