We spent 4 nights at the Sutera Harbour Megallen Wing last summer and loved every minute of it, I still think back fondly to it now. It is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I found it to be well worthy of its 5* status, the rooms were huge, comfortable, modern and clean (especially the wonderful, spacious, marbled bathroom), the staff were efficient and the food was of a good standard; good choice of restaurants; an excellent variety at breakfast and good cocktail/ snack bar at the pool.
The pool area was nice and relaxing, big, soft, fresh towels provided and although the beach area was small, we knew this before we arrived as it says so on the website. Anyway, there are 3 wonderful national-park-status islands are just over the water with gorgeous sand, corals and sealife for snorkelling (although watch out for the aggressive tropical fish that DEMAND feeding by Manukan jetty, go round the beach and they are much more amicable). It was really easy to arrange transport to these islands and also to do other activites such as jet skiing and parasailing - all at the activities desk.
We did spend one day by the pool at the other wing and it didnt seem to have quite the same 'panache' as the Megellan Wing.
The highlight however had to be the Mandara Spa. What a wonderful experience! We went for the couples package and had a fantastic massage with delectable oils, in beautiful, tranquil surroundings, attentive therapists and soothing music, well worth the money (£120).
Earlier on in our stay before arriving at the Sutera Harbour we did spend a day poolside at the Shangri-La and I have to say I preferred the atmosphere and general ambience of the Sutera Harbour although there seemed to be more activity, bustle and families at the Shangri-La. I would definately go back to the Sutera Harbour if i'm ever in the region again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Kota Kinabalu, Sabah