I spent almost one week in the Sutera Pacific Hotel in Kota Kinabalu, the hotel is really nice, big room, lot of restaurants, pools, you can spend the entire time there wihout getting annoyed.
In Kota Kinabalu there is almost NOTHING to do so this hotel is the best solution. You can reach the city by taxi in almost 10 minutes (with no traffic). The REAL BIG PROBLEM are the beaches that you can reach from there by boat (organized by the hotel itself). They take you to the small islands in front of the hotel (the hotel has a really small beach with dirty water), you go there, the sea is really nice.. BUT... they are absolutely full of sand flies. I have spent only two days on those beaches, and my entire body has been distroyed by this sand flies. At the beginning they just pinch you, there is a small red spot.... then after around 4 days you are totally covered by bites and I had to take cortisone. This is not possible, they told us they were not dangerous, an hotel should be responsible for this. I saw so many guests with their legs covered by these bytes. Don't go on those beaches unless you want your vacation to be totally ruined. Now I understand why all the chinese there go totally covered, it is not for the sun, but for the sand flies!!!!!
It is really a pity, because as mentioned before the hotel is very nice, but they should not take their guests on those islands (immagine that they have also a resort on one of those little islands). Hope this is of help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Kota Kinabalu, Sabah