It's over 100 degrees outside and I'm paying hundreds of dollars to stay and play golf at their so-called resort. They limit golfers to 4 bottles of warm water a day, and 2 finger length bananas. I asked for some ice, to stay cool today, and they refused saying that the clubhouse restaurant will not give golfers ice, since they too buy ice from outside vendors. Im a patron of their restaurant 3 times a day, and accept that they charge 200% over the going rate of food and service compared to the rest of kota kinabalu, but they won't give me a few cups of ice?
The food.... O it tastes so bad that I want to make my own modifications, so I bring over a few limes and avocados to make it taste bearable, but the restaurant manager, yells that it is against policy. I've been a patron at this restaurant for a few days now, they never said anything when I brought my own papayas to eat, in fact, they gave me an extra plate so I can catch any juice drippings...
I ordered bibimbap, pretty hard to screw up, but the second time I ordered, it it has 50% less food on my plate. Moreover, it was lacking 2 main ingredients, like the meat and mushrooms ( pretty important for bibimbap)
I've been in the hospitality industry for over ten years now, and never in my life, seen such poor management. This resort needs not only facelift, but needs to terminate 99% of its pathetic staff to remain afloat.
Seriously, you walk into the lockers and the towel girl, is fast asleep snoring.
I ask for iced tea and the bartender grabs ice with her dirty , really soiled, hands. When I asked her to clean her hands before giving me ice, SHE WASHED HER HANDS IN THE ICE BIN and then continued to pour ice into my glass. Gross!!!!
In a nutshell, worst service, worst managers (Juneidy) it's such a joke here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Kota Kinabalu, Sabah