We spent 8 nights at the Pacific Sutera hotel over Xmas.
Over all the hotel is very nice but it looks a little tired and dated in some areas.
The rooms are OK but certainly not 5 star standard.
The staff were excellent throughout the resort and could not do enough for you.
I was amazed at their patience with the other guests (95% were of Asian decent mainly Chinese and Koreans) they are very rude to the staff and basically pigs when around food. The break.fast buffet was very good but turned into a zoo when the Asians arrived.
We have Xmas eve dinner in the buffet and it was very good and Terrance even joined us down in Jugs for a beer after he delivered our champagne in person. He was very good and also very friendly
Breeze bar was very good but the staff became overwhelmed around midday when the food orders could not be met, it took over 90 mins one day to get a meal. It seems as though the kitchen is too small, also the menu at Breeze was very limited, again not a 5 star hotel.
Jugs bar down stairs, at 1st impression is dark and smokey but the staff here make up for that. They are excellent and very friendly especially Maya who smiled the whole time we were there.
Over all the hotel and staff was very good.
The golf course however was a different matter. For $100 a round I would expect at least the greens to have grass on them. They were very poor at best and because of this I would not recommend this resort to anyone that wants to go and play golf.
One thing that would make the resort slightly better would be covered walk ways as it rains nearly every day and the hotel does not provide umbrellas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Kota Kinabalu, Sabah