We checked into the hotel (Pacific Sutera Harbour, which is the more corporate of the two; Magellan is more resort-like) right after our descent from Mount Kinabalu, tired, aching and dirty. The check in process was so quick, barely took a minute. They set up an extra bed in the room as soon as we settled in which was great. All our requests were attended to quickly. We wanted to surprise a friend for his birthday at dinner and was helped by the wait-staff who were discreet and enthusiastic.
Rooms were spacious and clean, and shower was good too, although the following morning the water took a while to heat up (but, overall, this was a very minor issue). Beds were comfortable and pillows fluffy.
The breakfast spread in the morning was very much worth it too, with French pastries, local delicacies and wonderfully randomly, Japanese miso soup and freshly brewed coffee (from the beans, not instant!). Wait staff was great, again, so helpful, service with a smile!
On our second day there, we decided to go snorkelling, which was easily arranged by the hotel and this process was fast and easy too. The departure dock was just a short walk from the pool, and was handled efficiently and was reasonably priced. We paid RM80/pp (approx. USD26) for a one island snorkelling trip which includes boat transfer and snorkelling gear.
Another thing to note is that the hotel operates a free shuttle service from the hotel to the city free of charge (even though we did not utilise this, as the timings kept clashing with all the good movies on the telly).
Checking out was a breeze and all in all, would definitely recommend the Pacific/Magellan Sutera Harbour for anyone who wishes to stay comfortably and be pampered during their stay at Sabah!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Kota Kinabalu, Sabah